Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Turbo options

Old 05-02-2003, 05:55 AM
RS Doscientos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

I have seen over 500 people if not more run the t04e .50/t3 .60 III run on street driving 2.3 4 cylinders.. and they love it.. spool is between 2500-3000 and have the power to 6250(rev limiter) the .50 has a HUGE sweet spot.. think it was 8-32psi.. somewhere in that range.. almost impossible to get surge from the turbo.. I think its one of hte best 4cylinder turbo's out there.. for mild street use... the flow lets it make 400hp right???
Old 05-02-2003, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

yeah at higher boost levels.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:18 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

so get a bigger compressor side.. .57 or .60 as you mentioned ealier..

What type of car is this on?

Greaser.. I kinda lost track of your header for the turbo ka, did you ever make up your mind about making more for profet or just keeping yours and running with it?
Old 05-02-2003, 09:44 AM
no love for hoes...

99slowlst

ive got a t3/t04b....anything less, would be uncivilized..

Old 05-02-2003, 03:02 PM
nip it in the bud

_burn_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Boosted2003
i know but a to4 anit streetable really...
haha a guy you know and see often has one....but you dont even know it. its very streetable with your motor.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by litle****
so get a bigger compressor side.. .57 or .60 as you mentioned ealier..

What type of car is this on?

Greaser.. I kinda lost track of your header for the turbo ka, did you ever make up your mind about making more for profet or just keeping yours and running with it?

take out the (.) in your .57 and .60 unless you are talking about A/R ratios. Trims are in the whole number nomenclature, A/R's in the decimals.

Yes i'm making them for proffit now. I just bought a shitload of tools to make them, Welder, metal bandsaw, circ saw........
Old 05-02-2003, 04:28 PM
RS Doscientos

how much are they going for?

my neighbor is interested in one
Old 05-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

what style? there are several i can make. Tell me how much money he wants to spend and i'll tell you what i can build for that.

Basic Log manifolds go for 250-300. prices go up with more complex designs. it takes ALOT of time to cut this stuff up.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:07 AM
RS Doscientos

I want him to get a log, but he doesnt understand how much of the stuff works.. he thinks the revhard manifold is the best one out.. but I tried to tell him that a log would do just as good for a street app because it would make a solid flow of exhuast instead of pulsing on the exhuast side...
Old 05-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah on my car older models had square type manifold type opens and runners like rev hard and majority of makers have... i have the newer design that they used on the european group a racing car that round runners and opening much more air flow.... using group a intake/exhasut maifollds are the best for turbo options... i think they make them for the racing silvias....stock ones....but for custom trubo setup stay away from a pored manifold. go with a tubular design piping alot less porting need done.... only think need done is porting the teh weld seams if any inside the piping and that get tricking...GREASER will probably tell u thats almost not even worth grinding those weld seams down not that much of lost in airflow...

Quick Reply: Turbo options