Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Turbo Piping

Old 02-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Turbo Piping

1. do not buy a Used/cheap turbo..chances are..the guys on here selling them...used them on 4 cylinder hondas (i should know) and they are only T3/T4's...that is no where near big enough to push your 302 even with the displacement lacking..hell..a lot of superchargers can push out more air than T3/T4's.

2. Fabrication is NOT the word for this project...Foxbody turbo kits go for about 3500 4000 dollars for a complete kit..and ive seen people wait months to get their kit..so imagine trying to find someone..do fab up your manifolds,downpipes,and IC piping.

3. Have you even bought a Rebuild kit,or any type of Forged internals at all?? if not..then enjoy watching your block split in half,or a rod coming through the side of your block.

4. If you are going to turbo your Fox...atleast Do some research..see how long it takes to fabricate a kit,what to tune it with,what kind of engine internals to use...this isnt a turbo honda setup..you cant just throw shit on it..and make power...
Old 02-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

WarriorBlaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ Did you not see any of the links I posted? Sure you need a big investment for big power, but boosting a fox body isn't rocket science. You can get by with a homebrew kit and make good power. A monkey could slap a turbo kit on a decent 5.0 and get into 11's. If you add suspension, slicks and a driver you can dip into the 10's.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:55 PM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

Originally Posted by BoostLag
1. do not buy a Used/cheap turbo..chances are..the guys on here selling them...used them on 4 cylinder hondas (i should know) and they are only T3/T4's...that is no where near big enough to push your 302 even with the displacement lacking..hell..a lot of superchargers can push out more air than T3/T4's.

2. Fabrication is NOT the word for this project...Foxbody turbo kits go for about 3500 4000 dollars for a complete kit..and ive seen people wait months to get their kit..so imagine trying to find someone..do fab up your manifolds,downpipes,and IC piping.

3. Have you even bought a Rebuild kit,or any type of Forged internals at all?? if not..then enjoy watching your block split in half,or a rod coming through the side of your block.

4. If you are going to turbo your Fox...atleast Do some research..see how long it takes to fabricate a kit,what to tune it with,what kind of engine internals to use...this isnt a turbo honda setup..you cant just throw shit on it..and make power...
The stock block can safely handle up to 5psi, I've already researched it. As for internals and the turbo setup in general, it's more of a long term project, depending on the costs. My girlfriend is due the end of this month, so I now have more bills to pay :P I'll be heading to the USAF sometime soon.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:37 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by WarriorBlaZe
^^^ Did you not see any of the links I posted? Sure you need a big investment for big power, but boosting a fox body isn't rocket science. You can get by with a homebrew kit and make good power. A monkey could slap a turbo kit on a decent 5.0 and get into 11's. If you add suspension, slicks and a driver you can dip into the 10's.

did u not see what i posted???

i told him not to throw some dinky T3/T4 turbo on his car..because thats all that people sell up here,because they come off of 4 cylinders...i never said a homemade turbo kit wont work,or wont make power..i said just dont throw any thing up there,and expect to make big numbers.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:36 AM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

did u not see what i posted???

i told him not to throw some dinky T3/T4 turbo on his car..because thats all that people sell up here,because they come off of 4 cylinders...i never said a homemade turbo kit wont work,or wont make power..i said just dont throw any thing up there,and expect to make big numbers.
If I use T3/T4's it will be TT'd, and I'm not expecting to make "big" numbers persay, I'm only shooting for 350 / 400'ish in the long run. I think having 500whp just wouldn't be fun to drive on the street, at least not with my 5spd.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:57 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

So a turbo used on a 4 cylinder will not create enough power for you all mighty Five OHHHHHHH?

haha idiot?

5PSI on a Five OHHHHH will lend you around 250 to the ground. Enjoy wasteing your money, it would be cheaper to spray.

How in the world is a fucking rebuild kit going to stop the block from cracking in half?

Im guessing you'll have this all figured out on your lambskin paper in your mud hut though.

Once again, good luck, I cant wait.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:47 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 90_VertGT
The stock block can safely handle up to 5psi
I'm pretty sure the blocks can handle a certain amount of horsepower, not a certain amout of boost.

.. just FYI.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
±RepLegion

Originally Posted by litlespic
So a turbo used on a 4 cylinder will not create enough power for you all mighty Five OHHHHHHH?

haha idiot?

5PSI on a Five OHHHHH will lend you around 250 to the ground. Enjoy wasteing your money, it would be cheaper to spray.

How in the world is a fucking rebuild kit going to stop the block from cracking in half?

Im guessing you'll have this all figured out on your lambskin paper in your mud hut though.

Once again, good luck, I cant wait.
Why doesn't anybody read? I was saying I wasn't going for big #'s, so if you're going to talk shit and not offer anything worthwhile, don't post in my threads.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:40 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Originally Posted by 90_VertGT
Lol...I say 4.9 because my 15 year old brother has an 89' Camaro with a 5.0 ( 305 ) and likes to tell me I don't have a REAL 5.0 :P

I can see you are putting forth great information in your time online also.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:41 PM
±RepLegion

Originally Posted by litlespic
I can see you are putting forth great information in your time online also.
Somebody pointed out that I called it a 4.9 rather than a 5.0, I was explaining why, you should try and read that too.

Quick Reply: Turbo Piping