Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

turbo question

Old 03-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BoOsted is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: turbo question

Originally Posted by 93civic
between 17-20lbs.

I think what you should do is go and read as many post in honda-tech.com or another honda forum. Then come back in a week or two and realize what you just asked.

I know this sounds a little cold but its not intended to be. Im trying to help you get a head start and learn about how turbos work on your car. good luck
Old 03-09-2004, 05:32 PM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let u know before you start your searching, headwork is a necesity if you want to run that much boost...that is unless you want to float a valve
Old 03-09-2004, 07:36 PM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

heh, 17-20lbs on a ls/vtec and your wondering if you need headwork? Ya man, do a LOT of research. Hell, 12 lbs on a stock motor and you'll be needing some headwork eventually... valves/retainers/springs, etc. just as forementioned.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

336HPInteg is an unknown quantity at this point

this question does not apply to adding hp...im just wondering in order to have a correct a/f ratio would i have to do head work on my lsvtec?? i know turbos require alot of space(flow area) in order to eliminate backpressure and also will it hurt my top end(high rpms) without headwork? also with head work done will my motor run cooler?
Mine is a b18c5 turbo and the head work is all done and everything and i run at 9psi and it runs very well. the head work is worth it.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:14 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

actually i think if you ran a stock itr head and just change out the injectors it should be able to handle 17-20psi..shit i seen ppl do 22psi on a stock gsr head
Old 03-10-2004, 05:17 AM
I am the way.

Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula

Originally Posted by boostjunkie
just save yourself a shitload of time and strap a stick of dynamite on your engine....

itll be a lot cheaper and a lot less headache...

Old 03-10-2004, 06:59 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

in my opinion its not really the amount of boost that will determine if you float a valve, its rpm limiting that will do so, hell ive seen stock ls motors run 17 psi all day long(with race gas) and never have a problem but they didnt go past there stock rev limit, once you start going over stock rev limit is when you start placing that extra load on your valvetrain that wasnt designed for it, i was running 13psi on my ls all day on pump gas with no problems cause i never went past 6800 rpm, headwork is a plus to a turbo car, its not really neccasary to have headwork done but you will make more power with headwork, and if you plan on running 17-20psi on a stock internal ls/vtec setup everyday on pump gas, you should just stop and go read a couple books and some informative articles on turbo hondas cause your just asking for trouble.....
Old 03-10-2004, 07:22 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

At this point, i'm not sure if this kid even knows what valves are..
Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

93civic is an unknown quantity at this point

this question does not apply to adding hp...im just wondering in order to have a correct a/f ratio would i have to do head work on my lsvtec?? i know turbos require alot of space(flow area) in order to eliminate backpressure and also will it hurt my top end(high rpms) without headwork? also with head work done will my motor run cooler?
OMG READ THE F#@$&$# question u retarted losers. where in this ? do u see anything about revving past 8.5k to cause valve float?? also where the hell did i say i was running a stock bottom u moronic bastards. my bottom end is already built. i was impling a port job to increase flow. where the hell do u get upgrading valve train from this question?? the funny thing is u guys are trying to make me look stupid when u doosh bags are the brainless durt bags. wow i feel alot better after that.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

93civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
in my opinion its not really the amount of boost that will determine if you float a valve, its rpm limiting that will do so, hell ive seen stock ls motors run 17 psi all day long(with race gas) and never have a problem but they didnt go past there stock rev limit, once you start going over stock rev limit is when you start placing that extra load on your valvetrain that wasnt designed for it, i was running 13psi on my ls all day on pump gas with no problems cause i never went past 6800 rpm, headwork is a plus to a turbo car, its not really neccasary to have headwork done but you will make more power with headwork, and if you plan on running 17-20psi on a stock internal ls/vtec setup everyday on pump gas, you should just stop and go read a couple books and some informative articles on turbo hondas cause your just asking for trouble.....
thanx for acctually reading.

Quick Reply: turbo question