Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Type R Cams

Old 02-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGbobby is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Type R Cams

the head is going to the machine shop thursday and im still wondering if these are type r cams or not? Also, are the pictures that hondaman23 sent me correct??!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Don't envy my idle

hondaintegra757 has disabled reputation

they look to be early model gsr's i have them in my car.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Were your power falls off at makes me belive they are not type r cams. I personaly think they are gsr cams.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

are those ctr pistons? Also what engine managment? Crome or hondata i'm assuming?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

yes they are supposed to be "ctr" pistons. not sure, when i bought the car i was told it has eagle rods ctr pistons ls crank and all type r valvetrain. As of now, since i took the motor apart it doesnt have eagle rods i cannot tell if the valves are good or not and i also cannot tell if they are type r cams. If the picture in the beginning of this thread is true, then i think they are the 92-93 gsr cams. And the car has a p28 ecu and it is chipped on crome, and ross from precsion tuned it.

Last edited by EGbobby; 02-15-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Just for reference a lsvtec i tuned with ctr pistons and skunk2stage2 cams on crome was running a few degrees less timing than that up top on 93 octane to make maximum torque. You have a different setup though with different cams so its hard to say.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Just for reference a lsvtec i tuned with ctr pistons and skunk2stage2 cams on crome was running a few degrees less timing than that up top on 93 octane to make maximum torque. You have a different setup though with different cams so its hard to say.
what did it put down, and did it last more then 3 weeks? and also i always use 93 octane.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered member

GST342hp is an unknown quantity at this point

There's so many variables as to why what happened to your motor did indeed happen. You were told it had "eagle rods ctr pistons ls crank and all type r valve train." BUT... You also don't know what the previous owner didn't tell you about it or what kind of condition the motor was in before you got it. I've seen the air/fuel graph and power graph. It was far from being an unsafe tune. Just my opinion, I don't think it was a tune issue. Well good luck with the new build and hopefully you will get back up and running soon.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by EGbobby
what did it put down, and did it last more then 3 weeks? and also i always use 93 octane.
It put down 213whp sae and yes its been lasting for a while now.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

well i am actually looking to get some skunk 2 stage 2's so if you know anyone who has some, im intrested. and just for further reference those cams that i have already are b17's and not itr's correct?if you anyone needs some better pictures to help figure it out, i will post some.any help is greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: Type R Cams