Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

type r transmission 5th gear pop off?

Old 01-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Is in ur head, why?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness
Default Re: type r transmission 5th gear pop off?

Originally Posted by boredom
ok, so tell me this, without the use of a lift, how the fuck are you going to "check" the fill bolt without pissing fluid out of the tranny? it would also take the same amount of time to use your method as it would to drain and re-fill the trans. popping out of 5th gear is a tale-tale sign of low/no fluid in your trans.
umm.... its real easy. Do you even work on your own car?.

1) Find a level section of solid ground that will fit your whole car (ie garage, driveway, etc)
2) Place jack under the front middle jacking point of car
3) Raise car with jack until you can fit 2 jack stands under the front driver and pass side jacking points
4) Place jack under the rear middle jacking point of car
5) Raise car with jack until you can fit 2 jack stands under the rear driver and pass side jacking points

Also if its pissing fluid from the fill hole when the car is level then the trans was over filled anyway. If its just dripping then there is no need to remove or add any fluid.

Last edited by crxmadness; 01-17-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:23 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

Originally Posted by crxmadness
umm.... its real easy. Do you even work on your own car?.

1) Find a level section of solid ground that will fit your whole car (ie garage, driveway, etc)
2) Place jack under the front middle jacking point of car
3) Raise car with jack until you can fit 2 jack stands under the front driver and pass side jacking points
4) Place jack under the rear middle jacking point of car
5) Raise car with jack until you can fit 2 jack stands under the rear driver and pass side jacking points

Also if its pissing fluid from the fill hole when the car is level then the trans was over filled anyway. If its just dripping then there is no need to remove or add any fluid.
i know exactly what im talking about. in the 20minutes its going to take to get the car on 4 jack stands, you can get the front of the car on stands, drain the fluid and have the car back on the ground with the vss out.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

i know exactly what im talking about. in the 20minutes its going to take to get the car on 4 jack stands, you can get the front of the car on stands, drain the fluid and have the car back on the ground with the vss out.
The op wanted to check his fluid level, you said "there is no way to "check" the fluid on a manual transmission" and you are wrong. Anyone that does their own maintence knows your wrong too. How does that translate to "i know exactly what im talking about"?

Also after jacking up the frontend how long does it take to jack up the rear end? If it takes you more than 5 minutes then you are doing it wrong.

Last edited by crxmadness; 01-17-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:49 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

NO, ONLY ONE OF US CAN BE RIGHT!

all arguments aside, if its popping out of 5th, there is very little or no fluid of any kind in there. "checking" would be a waste of time since youre gonna need to add fluid anyhow. just go grab 3 bottles of mtf from honda/acura (only use 2 and a 1/4) and change it. if you can change oil, you can change tranny fluid.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

NO, ONLY ONE OF US CAN BE RIGHT!

all arguments aside, if its popping out of 5th, there is very little or no fluid of any kind in there. "checking" would be a waste of time since youre gonna need to add fluid anyhow. just go grab 3 bottles of mtf from honda/acura (only use 2 and a 1/4) and change it. if you can change oil, you can change tranny fluid.
Yep. And if you don't know what's in there in the first place (because you weren't the person who put it in there) it's probably a good idea to change to a known type of fluid anyway.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:24 PM
management

uhhh huh. so riddle me this. do you think someone asking why his car is popping out of gear readily has a legit jack, 4 jack stands, and real tool at his disposal? now answer this mr master tech...how long would it take to get the car level on 4 jack stands, break loose the fill bolt, and add fluid until it "dribbles out"... versus jacking up the front (or passenger side) sticking a 3/8" ratchet down there, drain it, and put the car back on the ground?

any idiot can do this procedure the easy way, but what about your way?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Is in ur head, why?

wrong, i stated you cant "check" <-notice the "s the fluid level on a manual transmission honda (included d,b,h,k,j). last time i checked, looking for fluid to drip out isnt checking anymore than waiting for your piss to burn your dick to "check" for the clap. night night.
According to the helms manual it is the only way to check:

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
Stop being a whiney little bitch
I'm just stating facts

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
who pays to see who -reps you
I will repeat again I have been a patron for 2 years

Last edited by crxmadness; 01-17-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Actually there is a very easy way to check the fluid level. loosen the fill bolt and stick you're finger in there.
I would just change the fluid if I were you. Takes less than one hour if you have the right tools; jack, jackstand, 3/8 drive ratchet, and I think a 17mm socket(or 19mm I think).
Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Ok, now that the thread is cleaned up...

If you need the thread opened again, send me a PM brakedrift.