Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

VW heads Which blow off valve for 03 GTI?

Old 09-01-2003, 09:16 PM
I'm not into cars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reXer has disabled reputation

The reason the HKS is $300 is because HKS doesn't make the kit for vdubs. It's fab'd by whoever you're buying it from. $100 is rediculous though. I'd just get someone to weld that bitch on there for $30-40 (if it's possible, I'm not familiar with vdub setups).
Old 09-02-2003, 02:26 AM
Daddy status

chirp the 1-2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys I appreciate all the info, I will meet you this sunday prepare to answer many questions!!! I will be driving a silverstone grey GTI!!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Pimpin teh stockness

blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5 blackFa5

I got my forge 007p dv for 135 shipped.. i seriously say go dv, the pshh sound is nice everyonce in a while its annoying.. but it gets peoples attention and scares all the fuckers out of my way as I drive around vcu.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally posted by Heat
a) you don't need a kit. No car is flanged for an hks bov so I don't know why you'd even mention is doesn't "slap right on"
No shit
b) the hks can be recirculated, how many times do I have to say that?
I know plenty about wrxs and hks bovs....rexer runs that
Not to mention dsms and wrxs recirc after the maf...just like 1.8ts. Don't act like you're telling me anything I don't know already.
I know that the HKS can be recirc'ed, but there is a kit to make it recirc. If you're not venting into the atmosphere, you will loose the psssh sound unless you have some sort of intake. Either way, your path is more expensive and not any more effective. Mike uses the HKS, but his isn't on the intercooler like the stock one. He has it on one of his intercooler pipes, so there is no comparison. James (scooby03) had the HKS SSQV kit for the WRX and his was not sequential at all. The sound depends on mounting location on the application.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally posted by chirp the 1-2
I will be driving a silverstone grey GTI!!!!
as will i.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:03 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

Originally posted by azrakain
I know that the HKS can be recirc'ed, but there is a kit to make it recirc. If you're not venting into the atmosphere, you will loose the psssh sound unless you have some sort of intake. Either way, your path is more expensive and not any more effective. Mike uses the HKS, but his isn't on the intercooler like the stock one. He has it on one of his intercooler pipes, so there is no comparison. James (scooby03) had the HKS SSQV kit for the WRX and his was not sequential at all. The sound depends on mounting location on the application.
For the 2nd time, you do not need a god damn kit. If you're a moron and can't think for yourself they offer one for you.
Yes, the hks costs more because it's a quality part.
This isn't a wrx we're talking about either. I said I know plenty about about wrxs and hks bovs. Mike didn't always have a fmic you know
Stop telling me about one of my best friends cars too, wtf?
what the hell are you talking about the sound for? ricer
Old 09-03-2003, 04:12 PM
¿Señor Member?

The Barst is an unknown quantity at this point

The spring in the hks is too stiff for the little amount of boost he is running. It will probably surge on him whether he is recirculating or venting.

I think the forge diverter valve is a good bargain and I believe it will bolt right up. It also comes with different shims and springs so you can tune it depending on your needs. Just search on vwvortex to see what setups people are running.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally posted by Heat
For the 2nd time, you do not need a god damn kit. If you're a moron and can't think for yourself they offer one for you.
Yes, the hks costs more because it's a quality part.
This isn't a wrx we're talking about either. I said I know plenty about about wrxs and hks bovs. Mike didn't always have a fmic you know
Stop telling me about one of my best friends cars too, wtf?
what the hell are you talking about the sound for? ricer
I'm not telling you about Mike's car to disprove you so wtf yourself. Its not about being able to think for yourself. Its about ease of install. I can't weld and there fore I can't weld a flange so somebody will have to weld it for me....whether its a manufacturer or someone locally, I'll be paying to get it done. That is my point. The money is my only point. someone said they wanted the sound so I brought that up as well. I am definetly not a ricer, but your attitude lends to one.....
Old 09-03-2003, 04:53 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

Originally posted by The Barst
The spring in the hks is too stiff for the little amount of boost he is running. It will probably surge on him whether he is recirculating or venting.
lol...the hks has two valves so it is effective at both high and low boost levels. You'd think this would be common sense seeing a lot of 5psi hondas running it. Don't let the door hit you on your way out of this thread.

I just cruised around a few 1.8t forums. I cannot believe how stupid the users are over there, and what's worse they are giving eachother incorrect advice.

I never said a "diverter valve" won't work. But after looking at all the popular ones the 1.8t people are using there is no doubt in my mind the hks is a better product. So I think it comes down to what the thread originator has planned for his car. If you're only doing bpu mods then a "diverter" valve would be fine. I doubt they can handle an upgraded turbo w/ support 1.8t (aka fast) very well. You get what you pay for.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:42 AM

96gt46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default you scare people

Originally posted by SERious
I got my forge 007p dv for 135 shipped.. i seriously say go dv, the pshh sound is nice everyonce in a while its annoying.. but it gets peoples attention and scares all the fuckers out of my way as I drive around vcu.

the last thing i would ever be scared of is a 1.8t and it's piss ant sized turbo, isn't a t25 (stock 2nd gen eclipse) a good up grade for you guys ?

Quick Reply: VW heads Which blow off valve for 03 GTI?