Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

VW heads Which blow off valve for 03 GTI?

Old 10-05-2003, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GotBoost? is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by azrakain
[B]You can't just buy a HKS ss and slap it on. Its not that easy. Ask the wrx owners with top mount intercoolers. ITs not the same thing. Since the air is already metered by the MAF it makes the car run rich. There is no reason to buy the HKS PERIOD. Its not cheaper, its not better! [b]
<-- WRX with an HKS SSQV BOV. You're right about 1 thing, it's not that simple. When I bought my BOV, I had to buy it with the "WRX Flange Kit" (an extra couple of bux). I spent $229 SHIPPED for the kit/valve from a REALLY shady online vendor. Got the part OK and on time, so I'm not complaining.

What does the BOV do? It sneezes when I lower the throttle. Doesn't add power, doesn't do shiznit. That's ok, I payed $230 for a whistle... I'll stand behind that.

Moral of the story, do what you want. If you want ALL OUT SOUND! Go with a BOV, it's louder (to you and those in your presence). When you shift gears and let of the throttle, and the guy next to you hears that PSHHHHHHHHHHHT... he knows he's fucked.