Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

want to paint my rims...

Old 09-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin AllMtrRacin
Default want to paint my rims...

was wondering what is the best kinda paint to do this with. I see members up here all the time painting rims an i'm wondering how to make them look that good.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Slowest HRC Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: want to paint my rims...

Originally Posted by AllMtrRacin
was wondering what is the best kinda paint to do this with. I see members up here all the time painting rims an i'm wondering how to make them look that good.
Paint has as much to do with the prep (Probably more, actually) as the paint used. First thing to do, is bead-blast the wheels. That gives them a very good surface finish. Then find a good wheel paint at the local parts store. (It's usually going to be a higher temp paint than the typical enamel.)

Get one can of primer, and color(s) of choice. Follow the directions.