Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Wanting to make a plug and play Nitrous kit

Old 04-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Slammedxpert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush
Default Wanting to make a plug and play Nitrous kit

Alright, well I got my old Nitrous kit back. I didn't fully install it last time, only ran the lines and hooked up the micro switch. My nitrous kit is a Zex Wet kit. Well, I Really don't want a whole bunch of wires just chilling and looking very tacky. I want a neat and clean install. Well, heres the whole plug and play thing..

I will be taking the nitrous kit out during the time I don't ever use it, or plan on using it (well more or less just the bottle). However, I have a bottle warmer for the kit and I don't want to leave it floating on my floorboard when the bottle isn't in the car. I Was thinking about making some splices into the wiring and installing like a reverse switch connector in the wiring so I can plug it in..unplug it. Catch my drift? Well, I don't want any melting wires or fires! So do you think it'd be safe, or is it to much current for that type of connector. I'm not really much of a wiring technical man. Haha, thanks for the help
Old 04-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

eglsvtec has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wanting to make a plug and play Nitrous kit

i think that you can pull it off if you just make sure you keep good connections in your plugs & make sure everythign is soldered/heat shrank,& taped
Old 04-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by eglsvtec
i think that you can pull it off if you just make sure you keep good connections in your plugs & make sure everythign is soldered/heat shrank,& taped
Most definatley. Nitrous is always something I've more or less been afraid of. Just fire hazards and precautions..and fear of getting in accidents with it hooked up.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

eglsvtec has disabled reputation

a n20 fire would deff suck behind you seat @ over 100mph..LOL
Old 04-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Slammedxpert

Originally Posted by eglsvtec
a n20 fire would deff suck behind you seat @ over 100mph..LOL
Hahah yes. I really only plan using it at the track.