Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

WASTEGATE PROBLEMS I THINK

Old 06-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo
Default Re: WASTEGATE PROBLEMS I THINK

I still dont think its a wastegate problem. Change the plugs, just run some NGK BP6ES' gapped to .028-.032. If the car shudders under boost, it shouldnt be a wastegate issue unless theres a huge crack.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:02 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by sethmo
I still dont think its a wastegate problem. Change the plugs, just run some NGK BP6ES' gapped to .028-.032. If the car shudders under boost, it shouldnt be a wastegate issue unless theres a huge crack.
7es imo
Old 06-14-2006, 04:28 PM
AWD 8U

1slowAWD has disabled reputation

okay ....so i hooked the manual boost controller back up car runs GOOD!!! BUT.. i still cant turn boost UP or DOWN and same thing with the profect B....

SO when im in boost it gives me the full 10psi but it wont turn up with an electronic boost controller or a MANUAL 1
Old 06-14-2006, 05:26 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 1slowAWD
okay ....so i hooked the manual boost controller back up car runs GOOD!!! BUT.. i still cant turn boost UP or DOWN and same thing with the profect B....

SO when im in boost it gives me the full 10psi but it wont turn up with an electronic boost controller or a MANUAL 1
http://www.plymouthlaser.com/bcs.htm
Old 06-14-2006, 10:38 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

fix your boost leaks.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Im in CA Now!!

TheBigShot is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a honda
Old 06-15-2006, 11:33 AM
AWD 8U

Originally Posted by TheBigShot
Get a honda
doesnt have power i like
Old 06-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

confused1569420 has disabled reputation

sounds like the same problem that i had. i have a turbosmart dual stage boost controller and theres only 2 wires for it. brown = ground and blue goes to one prong on the switch. then you take another wire from the other prong on the switch and run it to a power source. sooo one day i realized my boost controller had no function and im lookin around at the wires and everything looked ok. well what i couldnt see was under the dash.... the power source wire came unplugged from the power source so i hooked it back up and what a difference that made. my boost controller had function again so my point is, if thats the problem ur having, check ur wiring is correct and put it to the test.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:41 PM
AWD 8U

Originally Posted by confused1569420
sounds like the same problem that i had. i have a turbosmart dual stage boost controller and theres only 2 wires for it. brown = ground and blue goes to one prong on the switch. then you take another wire from the other prong on the switch and run it to a power source. sooo one day i realized my boost controller had no function and im lookin around at the wires and everything looked ok. well what i couldnt see was under the dash.... the power source wire came unplugged from the power source so i hooked it back up and what a difference that made. my boost controller had function again so my point is, if thats the problem ur having, check ur wiring is correct and put it to the test.
GOOD NEWS
well it looks like i figured out all my problems....i had really bad boost leaks and not to mention my manual boost controller went bad so i replaced that and fixed my leaks and WAALAA! 15psi when ever i ask for it and if i want 18 all i gotta do is turn the nob

BAD NEWS
i was at the richmond track last night trying to tune my car somewhat and on my second run of the night my rear DIFF. locked up on me after i pulled off from the ticket booth man i was so heated about this cause i had to pay 180$ to get it towed not to mention all the trouble of taking off the front bumper and intercooler this really sets me back from getting some other toys ...but i guess you gotta pay to play ....im happy i at least got a good run and time from her
Old 06-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

You're surprised that a DSM broke at the track? Congrats on ixing the boost issues, but I'm really confused as to why you still have stock exhaust? That makes an enormous difference in spool time and max boost.

Quick Reply: WASTEGATE PROBLEMS I THINK