Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

weird at top dead center

Old 09-13-2004, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
koolmatt240sx has disabled reputation
Default weird at top dead center

ok i have a nissan 240 sx w a sr20det s13 red top
when i first put it in it made a knocking sound the timing was so off it was detinating. i fixed that by taking the cam angle sensor out and put it at the middle dot which makes it at 15 degree btd which is the timing and put everything back together and it stop making the knocking sound
but i pulled my valve cover off and replaced i just wanted to c how the chain was and the marks were on the cam sprocket
and i was so pissed when i put the motor at top dead center(the second mark to the left on the crank pulley) and the chain was loose and the two dot on the cam sprockets werent lined up so i was wondering if that is normal cause i turned the crank pulley and the timing chain got tight so i dont know man
its pissing me off please some one help
thanks alot
Old 09-13-2004, 04:18 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: weird at top dead center

koolmatt240sx,
please use punctuation.

thanks,
carter.

p.s. if your car is running and not making knocking noises, then it's fine. we adjusted my timing by moving tooth by tooth until we got it running, then moved the CAS around until it ran right nothing was right on my motor.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

OW!

Don't expect anything better than that post until you make more fucking sense.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

20psi 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point

at tdc, align the yellow mark on the cas with the notch in the cas body. when you insert it, it will turn a little and then the other mark on the cas will line up with the notch on the body of the cas. then check timing with idle at 750rpm, fully warmed, and tps unplugged. set it to 15-17 degrees. download the gaddamn fsm too....its free at zilvia.net or org or .com or something like that.
Shaun
Old 09-14-2004, 05:31 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure your on top dead center for your Cylinder no.1 compression stroke, otherwise your cams are 180 off of the marks.