Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

what engine should i put in my eg coupe?

Old 03-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1qikcoupe has disabled reputation
Default Re: what engine should i put in my eg coupe?

my boy is gonna give me a ls for dirt cheap with around 50k, i think i might built it up before i turbo it, but what's the average $ for ls turbos?
Old 03-26-2005, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StpH8n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what engine should i put in my eg coupe?

Originally Posted by zo4000
lemme break it down for you....
H22:
2K for swap w/lsd
$500 to $800 for install into an EG..involves removing the passenger mount and wiring
$500 Hasport H22 mounts
$300-$500 for alxes depending stage and brand
=so your looking at something around $3,600
But you have stock motor that can run high 13's to low 14's depending on car and driver with plenty more potential and ive seen stock h22 with bolts in the 12's( on slicks)
I would love to see where you're finding h22's with LSD for 2k (unless of course its Osaka, then good luck to you :/ ). As for mounts, he would not be limited to hasport, HCP is another good brand and those can be purchased for about half of what you can get hasport for. Your axle figures are a bit high too. Unless he's plannin on building and then boosting, he could run OEM teg axles all day long (on slicks) without worry (which run roughly 100 bucks an axle).

But!! You left out a few other things, like intermediate shaft, fuel rail, fuel line, FPR (depending on what route he went with his fuel setup), front springs. What about water pump and timing belt? Cant forget about doing those. Clutch? Flywheel? Cant depend on the clutch being in good condition from wherever it came from, so you have to at least replace that so throw a clutch kit into that figure too. The flywheel at the very least is going to have to be resurfaced if not replaced all together for something lighter, so throw in either a resurfacing job or a new wheel. Dont forget new belts and rad hoses......

Bottom line, unless you've got a decent amount of pennies sittin around, the H is just not the most cost effective swap to do.