Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

What size turbo should i run on my d15??

Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Its Lightish Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab
Default Re: What size turbo should i run on my d15??

no, neither
Old 01-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsteez
I appreciate the link,and unfortunately as it may seem i need a cheap route to my problem.I have an 1100 dollar lawyer fee and i was not expecting my turbo to crap out.

Im very happy with my turbo size now but i cant not find anything remotely close to it without the code.

Are all block off plates the same,like universal or would i have to find one particulary for the turbo i have.Ive never dealt with turbos so im not sure on sizeing and specs of them etc etc.

Would the super 60 spool quickly?60 series sounds a bit extreme.
Spool isn't really dependent upon the compressor side so much. But airflow at a given boost pressure is. The T3 60 won't make the top end, or boost levels the Super 60 will, but actually puts out more air at lower pressures. With a T3, which is a bit overkill for your project, it provides the optimal airflow at lower pressures, such as the 10-12 psi needed to make 200 hp with a T3. The turbine side controls the spool. You'll be wanting a Stage1 T3, or a new F1 wheel in a small size. Combine with that a very low A/R factor, such a .48 or smaller, and the spool gets to be rather decent with the T3. For a slightly better midrange, the T04E 57 trim compressor side provides optimal airflow at the lower pressures, and with a modest goal of 200 hp, would not have surge issues on the 1.5 with a very small exhaust side, such as the T3 Stage 1 .48 A/R listed above.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Banned

MajorsEF will become famous soon enough

t04e 57 trim
Old 01-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...2em118Q2el1247

Ebay Turbo
46 Trim T04E.
Exhaust side is smaller than a Stage 1. Very small in fact. About 56 mm. .63 A/R 5-bolt.
It's good for about 10 psi. Anything over that could create a surge problem. (Probably could push that a psi or two, but the exhaust side is very small, and will spool well, but not flow great because of it. For the range you're looking, it's a good, cheap choice. There's 4 different suppliers that carry these, and you can get the turbo seperate from any of them for less than $200.

I don't necessarily like Ebay turbo's, but only pushing about 10 psi....and looking to do it on a serious budget....might be a decent option.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by HondaRules!

Ebay Turbo
46 Trim T04E.
Exhaust side is smaller than a Stage 1. Very small in fact. About 56 mm. .63 A/R 5-bolt.
It's good for about 10 psi. Anything over that could create a surge problem. (Probably could push that a psi or two, but the exhaust side is very small, and will spool well, but not flow great because of it. For the range you're looking, it's a good, cheap choice. There's 4 different suppliers that carry these, and you can get the turbo seperate from any of them for less than $200.

I don't necessarily like Ebay turbo's, but only pushing about 10 psi....and looking to do it on a serious budget....might be a decent option.

Im really considering that one.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Coastal Carolina U

James93tsi has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HondaRules!

Ebay Turbo
46 Trim T04E.

You get what you pay for...
Old 01-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by James93tsi
You get what you pay for...
Even if it only lasts a year it better than nothing,id rather get one locally though.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Slowest HRC Member

Originally Posted by madsteez
Even if it only lasts a year it better than nothing,id rather get one locally though.
Problem local is finding someone with a turbo designed to spool quickly.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

smh.....thats why they make freaking 5 bolt plates that cover over the damn hole and weld ya down to it...and i vote garrett t3 super 60 also.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool Re: What size turbo should i run on my d15??

Originally Posted by DecentCivicZ6
smh.....thats why they make freaking 5 bolt plates that cover over the damn hole and weld ya down to it...and i vote garrett t3 super 60 also.
Once again anotheR vote for the Super60!!!!!!!!! Im tellin u bro don't cheap out when it comes to a turbo set up. I know u might be tired of hereing this but i can't even coun't all the advice that i should have followed when it came to my set up.

I blew off the whole "DON'T CHEAP OUT" coment for a good while but then I listened and it was worth it.

Just save the cash u have and any extra that u might come across and find something good localy used. YOU WILL SAVE MONEY,WRENCH TIME AND HEARTACHE!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: What size turbo should i run on my d15??