Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Who can ID CAMS

Old 10-22-2008, 01:03 PM
︻╦╤─

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk
Default Re: Who can ID CAMS

Sure you can use the cams, for how many revolutions is the question.

I already told you everything you should do. You're going boost and still messing with Skunks <shrug> Also, don't forget about the entire proper building of the engine information I've given you.

I don't mind helping, but, I call a spade a spade. If you aren't going to spend money to get things taken care of right, plan on spending what you spend two fold. Enjoy.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

brandon.beene can only hope to improve

the skunk 2 cams come with a etch in them that has S1,2,3, pending on what stage they are..Im sure its been told to you already.. just posting real quick
Old 10-26-2008, 01:33 AM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

Originally Posted by DeFunk
Sure you can use the cams, for how many revolutions is the question.

I already told you everything you should do. You're going boost and still messing with Skunks <shrug> Also, don't forget about the entire proper building of the engine information I've given you.

I don't mind helping, but, I call a spade a spade. If you aren't going to spend money to get things taken care of right, plan on spending what you spend two fold. Enjoy.
hell i know someone who made 460 with a stock bottom end and some skunk stage 2's (yes the all motor cams) on 14 psi and drag raced it all the time....

i dont know why your knocking skunk cams sounds to me like your tuner sucks...
Old 10-26-2008, 04:37 AM
Registered Member

TACKLEBERRY has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by hang the nagger
hell i know someone who made 460 with a stock bottom end and some skunk stage 2's (yes the all motor cams) on 14 psi and drag raced it all the time....

Lmao! I'm using the same thing on my boosted build. Skunk2 pro 2's... Dude even skunk will tell you to use the pro all motor cams on a high boost setups.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:17 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TACKLEBERRY

Lmao! I'm using the same thing on my boosted build. Skunk2 pro 2's... Dude even skunk will tell you to use the pro all motor cams on a high boost setups.
I was just about to say they were the stage 2 cams. Why would they tell you to use the stage 2 on high boost?. well then again they are close to the turbo cams.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:20 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2kSi
Ok someone gave me some cams and they said its skunk 2...But then i took off my valve cover which has skunks cam in them. They look different so anybody seen these cam with these marks before S2???? Lmk

I just thought of something. Maybe those cams are not for your motor but for another and that’s why they look different. Just a thought, They should all look almost the same for the motor. The lobes all should be in the same place and the cams should be the same length.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:41 PM
︻╦╤─

Originally Posted by hang the nagger

Reading comprehension issues? I didn't say "you cannot use Skunks on a FI application" nor did I say "you cannot make any type of power using Skunks", or did I?

I am my own tuner, I've been there and done that as well as have the shirt, rest assured. While I would like to continue to make canny comments regarding my experience in a comparison with yours, I unlike you, will not assume I know you or what you have done.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:50 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

im guessing your the one with reading issues...

your first post was BAD MOUTHING skunk cams like they were shit.... you made a snide remark about them.

congrats on you tuning your own cars.... i dont care.

you made it seem like using a skunk2 cam was a bad thing, when THOUSANDS of people say diff, i was curious as to why you would try and tell people they are shit. or even hint at it with your ALL KNOWING ENGINE BUILDING knowledge that you supposedly gave someone, and at the same time are calling one of the best cam producers out junk.... id start to question your knowledge that is ......

IF I KNEW YOU.

and i dont.....
Old 10-26-2008, 03:28 PM
︻╦╤─

IF I KNEW YOU.

and i dont.....
Apparently.

Originally Posted by Defunk
Because there are better cams than the "Skunks" that he has for the application he expressed desire for while retaining a desired near stock idle. Never did I say Skunk camshafts were shit nor insinuated that they were. My response was given to particular conversations held within PM with the OP (i.e. the one who created the thread - hence was not a general statement made to ADDRESS the public).

Perhaps you could have asked for clarification or at the least hold a rational, civilized and mature debate seeing that you're certain I was making derogatory statements against Skunk or it's products.

As to the knowledge I've given the OP, it was not even the tip of the iceberg oriented information regarding engine building and/or recommendations.

That said. Any further questions, concerns or misunderstandings?
Old 10-26-2008, 04:08 PM
da dragva kokopelli

Originally Posted by DeFunk
Apparently.

Because there are better cams than the "Skunks" that he has for the application he expressed desire for while retaining a desired near stock idle. Never did I say Skunk camshafts were shit nor insinuated that they were. My response was given to particular conversations held within PM with the OP (i.e. the one who created the thread - hence was not a general statement made to ADDRESS the public).

Perhaps you could have asked for clarification or at the least hold a rational, civilized and mature debate seeing that you're certain I was making derogatory statements against Skunk or it's products.

As to the knowledge I've given the OP, it was not even the tip of the iceberg oriented information regarding engine building and/or recommendations.

That said. Any further questions, concerns or misunderstandings?

yeah plenty of questions...

so saying...

"i dont know why your messing with skunks <shrug"

isnt badmouthing a skunk cam.... you could have easily said....

i think there are better cams for you setup. yadda yadda.

and i know wtf a OP is.... and if you were holding a convo in PM, you expect me to know when you and him have cute little inside talks about certain things.... its a pm i.e. PRIVATE MESSAGE....

you could have voiced your opinions in the pms again......

which im curious as to why you didnt....

Quick Reply: Who can ID CAMS