Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

why go for after market mounts??

Old 08-11-2011, 03:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sw33tSi07 has disabled reputation
Default Re: why go for after market mounts??

well i found a pretty good set of after market torque mounts that i need that are just a little bit more than the OEM ones so im gonna get those ordered here soon. All the stuff i have read up on about the avid torque mounts are pretty good.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:24 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

not worth the money. 121hp wont make much difference if you had solid metal mounts

save yourself and possible girls the money and the retarded vibrations and noise. if yours are really shot you can get a set of used ones or grab some window weld and fill in the one thats broken
Old 08-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

+1 on filling the torque mounts. Just the front 2 will be a good balance of comfort and support. I have these filled on my ITR and I have no issues on track or annoying vibrations on the street.

Also, the civic's upper driverside mount is a gel filled pillow style mount and they ALWAYS bust. Energy suspension sells poly inserts for this mount. Just putting the inserts in the 2 upper mounts will stiffen the motor up quite a bit and still keep vibrations down for the street. I think they are about 15 bucks for the pair. Or you can install an insert in just the REAR torque mount and get about the same effect.