Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wiring vtec

Old 11-12-2011, 09:43 AM
QUOTES YOUR DUMBASS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum
Default Re: wiring vtec

Originally Posted by 2_slow_2_go
so im converting my 94 accord lx non vtec to vtec im getting the new ecu but i have no clue where to put the wire into the plug for the ecu.....would it be easier to put a vtec button or is that just dumb? cause i was thinking of putting it under the gas pedal if i had to do it like that but would rather it just be like stock, so if you can please let me know

thanks,
gage
Wow.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Crnchy wen Blac
Run them into the ecu plugs. But if it were me I would have a subharness made. That way if you do pull the motor in the future you don't have to cut the wires and re-solder them

And I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to the "shock tower thing"
i was going to wire it with the plugs and everything so i wouldnt have to cut it just plug it into the solenoid and switch, and the ecu plug harness
Old 11-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by unuzual kustum
Wow.
did you not see the part, "i would rather it be like the stock" ?
Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Mad V TECH in here.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:54 PM
QUOTES YOUR DUMBASS

unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum

did you not see the part, "i would rather it be like the stock" ?
I've just never heard of someone doing that under the pedal before.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:12 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

i was going to wire it with the plugs and everything so i wouldnt have to cut it just plug it into the solenoid and switch, and the ecu plug harness
Gotcha. If you feel comfortable with doing that, go for it
Old 11-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Crnchy wen Blac
Gotcha. If you feel comfortable with doing that, go for it
i have no other clue of how to do it, and now i ran into another prob, all the dizzy's for the vtec f22 are internal coils and my stock harness is for a external coil do you have any idea how i can by pass that?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by unuzual kustum
I've just never heard of someone doing that under the pedal before.
i looked it up on google and someone wired the vtec button under their pedal so when they floored it the vtec kicked in i personally didnt like the idea but if that was how i needed to do it then i would lol
Old 11-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

so im converting my 94 accord lx non vtec to vtec im getting the new ecu but i have no clue where to put the wire into the plug for the ecu.....would it be easier to put a vtec button or is that just dumb? cause i was thinking of putting it under the gas pedal if i had to do it like that but would rather it just be like stock, so if you can please let me know

thanks,
gage
Old 11-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt

would it be easier to put a vtec button or is that just dumb? cause i was thinking of putting it under the gas pedal
DEFINITELY GO FOR A VTECH BUTTON!