Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Work truck messing up..

Old 07-07-2012, 08:31 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy
Default Re: Work truck messing up..

I assume there was no bubbling in the resevoir or radiator?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Thee Tomalabcad has disabled reputation
Default Work truck messing up..

Cam sensor
Old 07-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
The throttle body shouldn't be gunked up (but if it is, clean it...) and the IACV doesn't affect anything except at idle. I'm still thinking you have a sensor problem.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but couldn't the IACV being "gunked up" also cause this problem? Either way, take some throttle body cleaner and clean the IACV and throttle body just to be sure. If the problem persists I would turn to the fuel system next.

EDIT

OP: does your truck have a crank angle sensor? Or cam position sensor? If so check prices in these. If either are "cheap" I would just replace them anyway. Only going to become a problem.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:58 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Lets not throw parts at it huh? Maybe do a little diagnosis before randomly suggesting parts for him to buy.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by sixcyl?
Forgive me if I'm wrong but couldn't the IACV being "gunked up" also cause this problem? Either way, take some throttle body cleaner and clean the IACV and throttle body just to be sure. If the problem persists I would turn to the fuel system next.

EDIT

OP: does your truck have a crank angle sensor? Or cam position sensor? If so check prices in these. If either are "cheap" I would just replace them anyway. Only going to become a problem.
Iacv won't cause cutting off. At least on a ford. It will just idle super high.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Turtle Salad

EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi

Its idling rough and really LOW if anything...to the point that it shuts off. It has idles rough for months and would occasionally kick or miss under acceleration. I am also low on power and have a huge exhaust manifold leak.

It just rolled 100k yesterday and I cant believe all the problems I am having. I dont care about leaks or noises as it is work truck I just need it to run.

I have gone over the options in my head several times...

1. Buy a newer 2003 to 2007 model truck for 10k. Pros...Its new, everything works, A/C, Blinkers dont bounce out every 500miles and have to be adjusted. Cons....It cost 10k and I dont know what the motor has been through.

2. Overhaul this one for 3 to 5k and save money but still be left with an old truck body and the problems that are going to to start happening with a 16 year old truck.....rear floor cracking and suspension issues.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Originally Posted by EGon10psi
Its idling rough and really LOW if anything...to the point that it shuts off. It has idles rough for months and would occasionally kick or miss under acceleration. I am also low on power and have a huge exhaust manifold leak.

It just rolled 100k yesterday and I cant believe all the problems I am having. I dont care about leaks or noises as it is work truck I just need it to run.

I have gone over the options in my head several times...

1. Buy a newer 2003 to 2007 model truck for 10k. Pros...Its new, everything works, A/C, Blinkers dont bounce out every 500miles and have to be adjusted. Cons....It cost 10k and I dont know what the motor has been through.

2. Overhaul this one for 3 to 5k and save money but still be left with an old truck body and the problems that are going to to start happening with a 16 year old truck.....rear floor cracking and suspension issues.
You can get work van's at auction for dirt cheap. I go to wholesale auctions, if you are serious; I can find you a 03-07 model for $5-7k. Pm me if you ever seriously ponder it.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by sixcyl?
Forgive me if I'm wrong but couldn't the IACV being "gunked up" also cause this problem?
The problem is not just at idle, so the IACV is not the problem.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:45 AM
Standartenführer

euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
The problem is not just at idle, so the IACV is not the problem.
+1

Bad cam sensor or maf sensor ? http://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford_...sts_ford_1.php