Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

WRX INTAKE HELP ME

Old 04-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757
Default Re: WRX INTAKE HELP ME

Originally Posted by scooby2.0t
If its some noname cold air intake its gonna make the car run like shit. But not that bad the car would do what you are decribing if the maf is unplugged or backwards. The plug side should be facing the front of the car.
Honestly your better off putting the stock airbox back on and buying a quality intake like a K&N or the SPT piece.
yeahh i think im gonna go back to stock and get a k&n. but thanks alot everyone
Old 04-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Originally Posted by scooby2.0t
If its some noname cold air intake its gonna make the car run like shit. But not that bad the car would do what you are decribing if the maf is unplugged or backwards. The plug side should be facing the front of the car.
Honestly your better off putting the stock airbox back on and buying a quality intake like a K&N or the SPT piece.
An intake is and intake is an itake..the name on it doesnt matter. The problem on WRXs comes from the differant tube diameter, NOT the name printed on it. There are intakes made for the WRXs that use the same diameter as stock and dont cause problems (the spt short ram for instance), but all in all, its a waste considering the stock is more than efficient.

Originally Posted by sbdunkz757
yeahh i think im gonna go back to stock and get a k&n. but thanks alot everyone
This is your best bet. Stock is more than enough on anything not making serious power. The only reason mine is aftermarket is because is HAS to be in order to fit the front mount.

Check the MAF...if its fine, go back to stock, youll be making the same power. If you MUST have a intake on the car, buy the SPT short ram. If you just want the spool/bov noise, but dont want to spend the money on the spt...then remove the snorkel shit thats in the driver fender well.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757 sbdunkz757

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Stock MAF sensor tuning isn't setup to deal with different flow velocity from an aftermarket intake, which is why tuning is needed. There is probably nothing wrong with the sensor, it's the stock ECU tuning.

Look into a Cobb Accessport or sometihng along those lines; there are off-the-shelf tunes available for light mods like your intake.

I do think the problem you're having with the engine shutting off is something more than just the different intake though, I think you caused another problem with something during the install.

you sound like you know your shit... lol but what is the accesport your talking about ?? this is my first subaru im looking for a good build
Old 04-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Hes talking about the Cobb AccessPort. Its an on-the-fly tuner that you can tune your car with via over the shelf maps.

Itll fix your problem if the problem is your aftermarket intake.

The cheaper option would be to go back to the stock intake because like I said...its more than efficiant. If you want the *uber cool* BOV sound...go with a SPT short ram.

This is what it looks like: