Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

WTF happened??

Old 06-15-2006, 09:39 AM
DsM Bitch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hexalot² has disabled reputation
Default WTF happened??

My car was running perfectly aside from overheating about 15 min later.. exhaust was backing up into the RAD hose.. blown head gasket! i was getting it fixed and when the new gasket was put and the timing was set we started the car and wow! loudest noise ive ever heard. pounding at something.. anywho the car is all of a sudden bangin on 3 cylinders.. wtf so we remove one of the spark plugs and the bottom part was torn off and eaten buy the piston apparently.. the piston was also chewed up and made lots of noise.. WHAT CAUSES THIS? i basically paid $700 for my head gasket to be changed and my car ended up dying.. now im out 2800 bucks without an explanation.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: WTF happened??

Your timing got messed up. Your valves were opening when the piston was at TDC and they collided several hundred times, probably more. Doesn't take long.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:31 PM
DsM Bitch!

Any reason the timing messed up right after being set? Im paying the guy who did the work with a $700 exhaust manifold and he failed to give me any reason why it all of a sudden got rugged after he set the timing.. i remeber hearing the phrase "well the bottom one says its off but the marks on top are right".. then the car is blown.. wtf how could the timing just "jump"?
Old 06-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hexalot²
Any reason the timing messed up right after being set? Im paying the guy who did the work with a $700 exhaust manifold and he failed to give me any reason why it all of a sudden got rugged after he set the timing.. i remeber hearing the phrase "well the bottom one says its off but the marks on top are right".. then the car is blown.. wtf how could the timing just "jump"?
It didnt jump timing, the cams revolve twice per crankshaft rotation so it can line up fine up top, but if it isnt lining up on the crank pulley, then you have to turn it over again..

basically, your valves and pistons slammed into each other, the motor was "out of phase".. It probably cause damage to your sleeves as well as head..

I know it sucks, but thats a terrible mistake on his part.. don't give him crap, if he is a mechanic, he better be giving you some money..
Old 06-15-2006, 05:14 PM
DsM Bitch!

he is a friend so im paying him.. just wondering what happened to my car this sucks major ass!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

what happnd to your car is he fucked it up. He obviously did not know what he was doing and now your engine is trash

Just like Garn said, I wouldn't give him shit.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Banned

shadows is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd give him a bill...
Old 06-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

even though it was TDC it probably wasnt TDC on the compression stroke which will fuck it all up as soon as you crank it.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:43 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
what happnd to your car is he fucked it up. He obviously did not know what he was doing and now your engine is trash

Just like Garn said, I wouldn't give him shit.
i couldnt agree more!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:49 PM
R U SeRiOUS?

Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta

Make him pay you!......Friends don't do each other like that....C'mon man make him buy you another motor & get someone reputable to put it in this time.

Quick Reply: WTF happened??