Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

WTF happened??

Old 06-15-2006, 06:14 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default Re: WTF happened??

Originally Posted by Lord_Vegeta
Make him pay you!......Friends don't do each other like that....C'mon man make him buy you another motor & get someone reputable to put it in this time.
+1 and kick him in the nuts
Old 06-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
+1 and kick him in the nuts
twice
Old 06-16-2006, 02:11 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shadows
i'd give him a bill...
Your timing was set incorrectly. Your friend fucked it up. don't give him shit. If he can't even line sprockets up i'd hate to see how he set the tension.

I'm wondering how you managed to fuck the head gasket so good. usually a 4g63 will just push boost into the coolant passages when the head gasket goes.

Where are you located? If you're close to me, I might be able to do your timing belt next time around for a fair price.. much more fair than your friend who fucked up the last try

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 06-16-2006 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:26 AM
DsM Bitch!

Hexalot² has disabled reputation

he knows what he is doing he does all of his own work and does it nicely.. Let me ask you this.. is my whole motor shot or just my head? i can deal with buying a new head but not a motor and i need transportation asap! or someone to buy the car
Old 06-16-2006, 02:35 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hexalot²
he knows what he is doing he does all of his own work and does it nicely.. Let me ask you this.. is my whole motor shot or just my head? i can deal with buying a new head but not a motor and i need transportation asap! or someone to buy the car
uhhh

Any reason the timing messed up right after being set? Im paying the guy who did the work with a $700 exhaust manifold and he failed to give me any reason why it all of a sudden got rugged after he set the timing.. i remeber hearing the phrase "well the bottom one says its off but the marks on top are right".. then the car is blown.. wtf how could the timing just "jump"?
read what you wrote... the timing didn't jump.. IT WAS SET INCORRECTLY.

If it did jump, on top of being set incorrectly, which is likely, it would be because the tension was incorrectly set, again, installer error.

Pull the head and have a look at the pistons. If there is piston damage, you need a new motor. If it's just valve damage, get a new head. I've seen some severely trashed heads come off perfect pistons, so you might be lucky. just make sure you have a different friend put the new one on.

You might want to consider the possibility that your friend fucked up before he costs you more money. Did he stay at a holiday inn express last night?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:50 AM
DsM Bitch!

lmao you woudlnt think so! anywho it looked like the top of the first piston was torn into like scratched but thats all i could see.. if i dont need a new motor i will keep the car and buy a new head..
Old 06-16-2006, 04:08 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

lmao you woudlnt think so! anywho it looked like the top of the first piston was torn into like scratched but thats all i could see.. if i dont need a new motor i will keep the car and buy a new head..
post up a picture of the piston for us
Old 06-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

your buddy set the timing 180 out. once it started it bent valves. if you would have been driving it would have put holes in the pistons. cause you have an interferance head. and my suggestion is as good as everyone elses. tell him to pay you. you shouldnt pay him anything.

im a mechanic and i know if you break it you eat it. wether or not 99.9% of the time i do awesome work there is always that .1% that every mechanic has where he fucks something up.

if he is a good friend then he will own up and buy you a new long block and start from scratch.

also i wouldnt let him work on your car again cause anyone that says oh well timing is right up here but not down there is an idiot. and this was a mistake that should have been avoided.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:17 PM
DsM Bitch!

he has to know what he is doing as he drives the same car and has worked on it countless times.. but it put me in a bad spot taxi is $20 one way to work.. transportation bill is outrageous! i just want my block to be driveable i need a whip! somebody sell me a car !! and finance me
Old 06-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

he has to know what he is doing as he drives the same car and has worked on it countless times.. but it put me in a bad spot taxi is $20 one way to work.. transportation bill is outrageous! i just want my block to be driveable i need a whip! somebody sell me a car !! and finance me
i can sell you a 96 awd talon i just got it running again.

has 0 miles on the motor
about 1500 on the clutch/flywheel
about 500 miles on the brakes
and 200 on the tires

Quick Reply: WTF happened??