Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Yay Chevy Quality - '12 Chevy Cruze running like a smashed asshole

Old 03-25-2013, 12:18 PM
MARK IT ZERO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: Yay Chevy Quality - '12 Chevy Cruze running like a smashed asshole

Fill it with large flaming bags of dog feces, drive it through front door of dealership, demand rental while they sort the issues out.

That's absolute BS they're giving you the runaround on a 2012 model vehicle, regardless of where it falls in the line of products they sell.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:35 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie
I bought a cobalt from RK about 5 years ago. They were pretty shady. Mechanically defective parts were lubed up so they didn't make any noise, 2 months later the noises started popping up. It was a used car so no warranty. I never replaced the parts because they don't effect the car just very irritating to feel and listen to. 2 parts in the steering column, very common on the cobalt and probably the Cruze now too.

I wouldn't buy a bottom of the lineup chevy ever again. I bought it with 42k miles. By the time I sold it, it had 75k.

I replaced,
Ignition Solenoid (wouldn't allow the key to be removed, after replacing it broke again, but I actually fixed it with a zip tie)
Some piece in the A/T shifter that wouldn't allow it to be removed from park.
Both front wheel bearings
Both front rotors

It was a terrible quality car the seats were falling apart, the trans started surging in reverse, the taillights were really thin a brittle and cracked easy.
That problem dates allllll the way back to the 80s. Lol still can't get it right.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You can go to another dealer, you don't have to go to the place you bought it from. Any dealer is going to backcharge GM the same for warranty work as any other.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:17 AM
AWD4G63

screamneagle has disabled reputation

This is def a dealer issue, having worked at a few they will do everything possible not to do warranty repair issues because honestly it sucks for the tech/service writer but that's not being professional and the issue still has to be resolved this is still a dealer issue, they have to resolve it, if they keep beating around the bush on shit, call chevy consumer affairs, that will get there district parts/service manager notified and will get the issue resolved pretty quickly.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Just got a call from the dealer, they are having 'issues' getting the vehicles 'issues' sorted out. He said the earliest my car would be ready is monday. . .

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You can go to another dealer, you don't have to go to the place you bought it from. Any dealer is going to backcharge GM the same for warranty work as any other.
I brought it there cause of it being down the street. I think I'm gonna hit up Priority if there's a next time as I haven't tried them yet. I took it to Casey and they're the ones who did the absolute hack job on the recall so I won't be taking it back to them.

Colonial didn't impress me when I went to originally buy the car. I was ready to buy that night but because they closed in fifteen minutes, no sales rep wanted to give me a test drive, they told me to come back the next day. . . so I drove my happy ass down to RK test drove a car and bought it that night.

Just getting sick of dealerships in general.

Last edited by RandomTask; 03-26-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:35 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

For some reason dealers in this area are almost all terrible.
I feel like you should have known better than to buy a Chevy though.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:51 PM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

yall think its limited to just dealerships in virginia??

Old 03-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by marlinspike
For some reason dealers in this area are almost all terrible.
I feel like you should have known better than to buy a Chevy though.
Says the guy who got shafted by a dealer in NY

Figured I'd help the home team. . . 'murica. And other than this shit, the car suits me perfectly. Great gas mileage, decent interior. . . I just wish things would stop hitting me (deer, drunks, etc) and that I didn't have to go through this crap. . . At least I have a rental which I will absolutely flog until I get my car back.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:27 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Says the guy who got shafted by a dealer in NY

Figured I'd help the home team. . . 'murica. And other than this shit, the car suits me perfectly. Great gas mileage, decent interior. . . I just wish things would stop hitting me (deer, drunks, etc) and that I didn't have to go through this crap. . . At least I have a rental which I will absolutely flog until I get my car back.
That wasn't a dealer FWIW.

I've been working part time at AutoZone, and GM and Kia make the only newer cars I see needing parts.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

thegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these partsthegrant is infamous around these parts

I work at a chevy dealership (dominion auto group, in short pump) and if I remember correctly one of the techs that work there working on a 11 eco tech cruze and it was having the same problem ( ill ask tomorrow what it was) but what about timing chains? (gm has a rep of bad timing chains)

Quick Reply: Yay Chevy Quality - '12 Chevy Cruze running like a smashed asshole