Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Drift practice!

Old 12-02-2005 | 02:04 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)
Default Re: Drift practice!

thats a good one tom! someone call the cops!
Old 12-02-2005 | 03:18 PM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Senyoupro could possibly assist with sponsoring.
Old 12-02-2005 | 03:48 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by blackout
has anyone thought about little creek or any other base that would be willing to consider it? i know little creek does the auto-x thing, and oceana used to have that 'race at the base' thing where they had a very nice track set up on the runways for vintage racecars...

if someone had an in with whoever puts these events on there might be a chance...
I thought of this myself and my Dad is pretty high up in the Navy, so I can see if he can talk to someone to get see if he has any infleuence over there.

I'm glad to see this post is finally going somewhere. LookOutDriftMike...I know who you are now, if just need a good parking lot I've got a list, and if you need someone to go talk to people I am game.
Old 12-02-2005 | 03:56 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by blackout
has anyone thought about little creek or any other base that would be willing to consider it? i know little creek does the auto-x thing, and oceana used to have that 'race at the base' thing where they had a very nice track set up on the runways for vintage racecars...

if someone had an in with whoever puts these events on there might be a chance...
Ive heard the base brought up several times and thought it was a good idea as well, any reason nobodys tried?
Old 12-03-2005 | 12:37 AM
-DMD-

DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard

The reason they host auto-x's at little creek is because one of the members works at the little creek base. If my roomate's (wishihadasilvia) dad could pull rank it might work. Little creek is sooooo sweet and smooth. It seems we have plenty of sponsor's, the track layout and insurance covered (thanks to lookout).
We just need to make some phone calls and get a location verified so we can make this happen.

I'm almost getting excited!
Old 12-03-2005 | 02:12 AM
Registered Member

14secV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

What about Suffolk airport? I know they had the drag racing track there ages ago, but is that place still alive? I havent been down that way in a few years...
Old 12-03-2005 | 04:44 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by DRFTwizard
The reason they host auto-x's at little creek is because one of the members works at the little creek base. If my roomate's (wishihadasilvia) dad could pull rank it might work. Little creek is sooooo sweet and smooth. It seems we have plenty of sponsor's, the track layout and insurance covered (thanks to lookout).
We just need to make some phone calls and get a location verified so we can make this happen.

i have orders to little creek, i'll be there in june. if nothing is figured out by then, i'll get to the bottom of it.
Old 12-03-2005 | 07:09 AM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

Originally Posted by l8apex
thats a good one tom! someone call the cops!
thats actually a good idea. if you get in touch with the right people in law inforcment and write a few leters to your governor you may be able to get an event going wherever the police practice driving. it would be like that thing they do in cali to keep kids from street racing. the government supports it cause it keeps you crazy drifters off the streets.
Old 12-03-2005 | 07:45 AM
Registered Member

slipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
thats actually a good idea. if you get in touch with the right people in law inforcment and write a few leters to your governor you may be able to get an event going wherever the police practice driving. it would be like that thing they do in cali to keep kids from street racing. the government supports it cause it keeps you crazy drifters off the streets.
Yeah it is a good idea to try and use the police skidpad.Its probably the best chance aside from the base.
Old 12-03-2005 | 09:00 AM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

Ive tried Numerous times to get an event on Little Creek and Fort Story.. The Military looks down upon Drifting as it not being a legit sport and wouldnt be worth the time and money..

Originally Posted by DRFTwizard

And the reason they have Auto-X's on ACU 4 is because the former CEO of ACU-4 was a SCCA member and let them do it there.. I've talked to him with my dad at a few Auto-X's out there and he has told me the same thing.. "We dont want to lot getting tore up" or " You guys leave too much rubber down"..

Quick Reply: Drift practice!