Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

VIP Garage

Old 05-23-2008, 05:52 AM
BOOSH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boogie van has disabled reputation
[NOVA] VIP Garage

Had my tired, well worn 155k mile 1993 miata cylinder head rebuilt @ VIP garage, including replacing most of the engine seals and gaskets, belts, waterpump, and a good engine bay cleaning. It ran alright before, did not sound very healthy at all, leakdown tests indicated some of the valves weren't seating properly and possibly were bent. But the piston rings were not getting any blowby. Considered for a minute doing the work myself but just did not have all the time and resources. Just a stock rebuild on a naturally aspirated motor. No upgraded internals, no boost. It’s a DD and auto-x car.

Have had the car back for over 2 weeks now, just about 1000 miles since the rebuild, soon to go back in for the complimentary follow up oil change. Break in process went well and now the motor is running very strong. Turnaround time was about 2 weeks which didn’t bother me, I have 2 cars. There was a little hang up at the machine shop and it took a few days for them to get to working on the cylinder head.

I mostly dealt with Steve, Marti, and Jarrett and found them to be helpful, And are continuing to help me source parts for my brake upgrades now.

Last edited by boogie van; 05-23-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered member

SLOW SOL has disabled reputation
Default Re: VIP Garage

Nice Car And A good shop
Old 05-27-2008, 11:32 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

if these are the guys in sterling, they are all pretty cool guys and do awesome work.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:57 PM
BBSquad

Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic Imprtedcivic

Got some work done there a little after i dropped my Lude pat hooked me up with some camber kits all-in-all took about 2hours total and was fun!!! great shop even though it took a week or so longer than expected to get the parts in they hooked me up...Great shop allthough Pat dosent work there anymore he said to deal with Marti

Good Shop+++++