Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Wicked Paint of Virginia Beach, Va

Old 07-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StangAddict has disabled reputation
Default Wicked Paint of Virginia Beach, Va

This all took place during the beginning of the year. I had decided to cut my losses and live with it...but i just heard that a friend of this douche bag i former friend of mine that reffered me to him is bad mouthing me for the thread i made on tidewaterracing.com...the site that i copied the below from.

Well i dropped my car off with John Brountas of Wicked Paint. We agreed upon $1000 to paint the hood and bumper. I signed a work ticket that only said "paint hood and front bumper" While i was still there he recommended that he blend the doors so the color would match said it would cost "a little extra", i agreed. I asked him to smooth out a rough spot under the hood where i fiberglassed around the blower and spray under the hood, adjust the gap at the passenger door and hood, and fix 1" crack in the front bumper. He said "it'll be a little extra". I agreed and left. Thinking i had left my car with someone who actually knew what they were doing.

He called several days later asking if i had any extra bolts for the front bumper to get it a little more rigid before he painted it. Ok. That doesnt sound like something i should pay for right? That was a preference thing for him...i didnt ask him to do it. While i was there he started talking about how he hadnt paid his mortgage, wifes car payment, couldnt afford to pay for his kids day care....ect.

Anyway the car was suppose to be done Tuesday (1/29), It wasnt even sprayed yet. He said it would be done Friday (2/1). It wasnt...to say the least. Their are pits everywhere, the hood hasnt been wet sanded or buffed...he said their are too many curves? lol, their is trash everywhere, The headlights werent back in, neither were the side markers, and one of THE worst things...apparently he sanded the gap to what he thought was good...while the hood was off the car, its fucking HUGE! He asked if i had put the car on a frame machine because its "Way Out, thats why your gap is wrong" keep in mind it was too close when i dropped it off.

he claimed if it was outside i would have seen anything....only because it was raining friday! Its that fucking bad!!

About this time i was already pretty pissed, so i asked "so whats the damage?" we walk back up front he grabs a work ticket with a bunch of shit written on it. The same ticket i had signed. He looked like a fucking 3rd grader trying to add up all the bullshit he added to the ticket.

Ended up being 43.5 hours in body work @ $42/hr
$1000 to paint the hood and bumper,
$150 for the paint,
Then $75 x2 for something.

Grand Total of $3127. He asked if i was going to pick it up today....i laughed and said for that price not the way it looks. He got a very upsetting look on his face.
I said call me when its actually done and walked out.

Just thought i would share so nobody else would waste their money or time with this piece of shit!

When i went to pick it up when it was finally "done" The bill was still $3127 but he had airbrushed a corvette logo under the hood to in his words "make it right". The passenger door was still not colorsanded or buffed so i completely refused to pay him. He said he would knock it down to $2900 if i would just leave. I cut the check said "FUCK YOU" and left. In spending all that money to teach myself a lesson i hope all of you realize what an udder fucking douche bag this John Brountas is and take your business elsewhere.

Thanks

If you see this car at Bass Pro of Jenros please feel free to bring this up! I want the whole area to be warned!

Old 07-18-2008, 09:25 AM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck
Default Re: Wicked Paint of Virginia Beach, Va

Much appreciated heads up
Old 07-19-2008, 06:12 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Wicked Paint of Virginia Beach, Va

I learned the hard way that you really get what you pay for when it comes to paint. I tried to save a buck and look at where it got me w/ my project. My car was prepped for paint in January and here it is July and it's just now being done correctly after finding the right shop.

Auto Elite FTW! Best shop I've ever dealt with. They find solutions... not make excuses. As the customer I don't give a flying fuck if you can pay your bills or not. If you can't... don't tell me. Put on a good face and do your job. Maybe there's a reason he can't pay his bills.

I wasted $3750.00 at the first paint shop... then spend $2000 w/ auto elite trying to fix their BS upon which we realized the whole car needed to be re-sprayed.... so there goes another bundle.

My super great $2000 paintjob deal w/ the first shop has turned into a $9000+ fuckaround... but... she's done correctly now and, like you, I've learned a hard lesson.