Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

[Rant] The Difference...[Rant]

Old 06-20-2003, 09:43 PM
Hating...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JKim has disabled reputation
Default [Rant] The Difference...[Rant]

Enthusiasm...what could that possibly mean to people like us? Does that include the time range of which a fad comes in and out? or does it obstain itself from a whole range of never ending popularity? I cant imagine what that word could mean anymore...I used to know but now it becomes a fuzzy mist like driving on 64 over the Appalachian Mts. I will attempt to define it and the determining factor to the best of my ability but i get the feeling that when im finished...ill just come to realize that the answer probably doesnt exist.
We acknowldege that our Enthusiam exists because like a drug it addicts us to it. During the time ive met all sorts of "enthusiats", and i could tell you whos in it for the fight, or whos in it for the glory and perhaps both. Perhaps age is the direct correlate between those who consider this a life instead of a lifestyle. For some its income, and for others its outcome. Some people need it for the sense of belonging while others thrive on their individuality. Then again...perhaps money is the factor that changes the way a person plays the "game."
A persons character comes out in its true form when youve been in it long enough and their cars reflect that character. Ive been told that a car is simply an extension of ones' own image. Then what does it say about the owners of these cars when you see a 12 year old Corrado walk a s2000 or a 13 second probe is built literlly from the muffler to the bumper or a 240sx that puts down 300whp who i havent seen this much ghetto riggin since Frankenstein. Do these people really differ from everybodys own favorite Ricer who buzzes his fartcannon around town and is considered the lowlife? Or...are they put in the same catagory and generalized as one in the same?... i say there is a PROFOUND difference that lies between every individual no matter what they drive or how it drives as long as their "enthusiasm" exists. And the Difference should not be judged by someone who is themselves different from everybody else.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know what you're smoking, but I agree fully. The saying to each man his own always has to come into play. While someone can be all about nothing but performance and never give a second glance at the appearance of the car, and others can be all about looks, never caring how much it effects performance, and then you can have the baby bear that just has to have it just right. I know we have met all these kinds of people in our lives, and its pretty apparent by the diversity in the cars we have here at tech. Personally I will still make fun of a car I think is stupid, just as someone might make fun of me for changing a bumper instead of buying a 200 dollar performance part instead. To each man his own, but we also are still entitled to our opinions, and those opinions always come out, whether or not we directly say "dude wtf were you thinking" or we just glance at a car and not even crack a smile and look away, it always comes out.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

With this having been said, I still as an enthusiast love to help out the fellow enthusiast work on their car, no matter how slow, how ugly, etc it is, as long as I can see the same passion within them to strive for something more.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:06 PM
Hating...

I feel the exact same about helping people with their cars. no matter who or what...im always willing to lend a hand and get my hands dirty
Old 06-21-2003, 08:25 PM
senior chairman

Yosh is an unknown quantity at this point

haha good post I liked it, yeah makes me wanna try to go even hardcore with my car, and for now ive only done all race, but i will eventually get to the show part, once i learn how to do it myself
Old 06-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Hating...

.....yeah i need to stop ashing on the keyboard.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:55 AM
BOOST!

Goofynick6 is an unknown quantity at this point

You make me Because I can't drive my car for probably another week until I can get some kind of injectors working that don't leak everywhere.

...as a side note, I'm only installing this standalone so I can show off the lit up LCD and tell people that I can display a warning about the welds on my intake manifold if I spray too much NOS and it doubles my boost level.

Nick
Old 06-22-2003, 07:57 AM

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

that was deep
Old 06-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Pyari chick do you go to tech? If so whats your name.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:50 PM
DarkSide

SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T SOHC-T

call me a rice boy, i'm use to it

fuk the haters

Last edited by SOHC-T; 06-23-2003 at 05:39 AM.

Quick Reply: [Rant] The Difference...[Rant]