Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

100 octane unleaded?

Old 06-26-2004, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srt4hokie is on a distinguished road
Default 100 octane unleaded?

Where locally is there a place that sales 100 octane unleaded? If you know of a place can you be very specific as to it’s location and name. I went to the to bike shops on peterscreek and both of them don’t sale it in cans but both said “well there’s a place on colonial and a place on Williamson that sales it at the pump” but they could not give me a name/ exact location. Your assistance is appreciated.

Joey what was the name of the place you told me about?
Old 06-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 100 octane unleaded?

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
Where locally is there a place that sales 100 octane unleaded? If you know of a place can you be very specific as to it’s location and name. I went to the to bike shops on peterscreek and both of them don’t sale it in cans but both said “well there’s a place on colonial and a place on Williamson that sales it at the pump” but they could not give me a name/ exact location. Your assistance is appreciated.

Joey what was the name of the place you told me about?
The place on Williamson is right across from Star City Comics. It's near the Pilot Station. I just don't remember the name of the station itself though.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by D1g1tal V3n0m
The place on Williamson is right across from Star City Comics. It's near the Pilot Station. I just don't remember the name of the station itself though.

Ah thanks I will go check it out.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:44 AM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful if you plan to pump it directly into your car. I do believe that's hiiiiiiiiighly illegal; I do believe they have jugs by the pump though for that purpose, so you can pump it into the cannister/jug and then dump it in your car. Not sure what the difference is, but I'm under the impression that they don't want to see you pumping it in your car. It's been a long time since I've been with anyone when they got 100oct though.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:00 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

clipper mart does....last i remember.

i got some 101LL....gotta love av gas!
Old 06-28-2004, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Go buy yourself some xylene or toluene if all you're looking for is 100octane. Buy it in bulk at any paint store in a 5 gallon drum for around 30 bucks, then mix it as a 30% ratio to regular 93 (2 gallons 93 to every 1 gallon of xylene or toluene) and you now have yourself 100oct.

2.00 dollars a gallon for 93 @ 2 gallons = 4 dollars
1 gallon of Xylene @ 6 dollars = 6 dollars

10 dollars for 3 gallons or 100 octane, or roughly 3.33 a gallon
Old 06-28-2004, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Just don't leave it in there. We use tolulene on our kart tires to soften them. It eats through rubber quickly.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:25 AM

myclone2 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by D1g1tal V3n0m
Last time I bought any fuel there it was 110 octane leaded (CAM2). Have they changed and started selling 100oct unleaded?

Better yet, anyone want to go in on buying a 55 gal drum of 116 oct? Ive only found one place that will sell it (Pro Line) and they only sell it in 55 gal drums and I wont be able to use it all before it goes "stale".
Old 06-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by myclone2
Last time I bought any fuel there it was 110 octane leaded (CAM2). Have they changed and started selling 100oct unleaded?

Better yet, anyone want to go in on buying a 55 gal drum of 116 oct? Ive only found one place that will sell it (Pro Line) and they only sell it in 55 gal drums and I wont be able to use it all before it goes "stale".
We can get it in drums here. We have a hazardous storage permit, so we can keep it here. I had been thinking about getting some myself (I have a distributor cheaper than Pro Line) so if anyone wants some, we can all go together and get some.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:53 AM

myclone2 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cosmo
We can get it in drums here. We have a hazardous storage permit, so we can keep it here. I had been thinking about getting some myself (I have a distributor cheaper than Pro Line) so if anyone wants some, we can all go together and get some.
Cool.. I dont need any right now but if I can get the trans in the syclone installed in the next couple of weeks Ill need some. To run high boost I gotta have 116 octane (thank you for the crappy combustion chambers GM ).

Quick Reply: 100 octane unleaded?