Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

AHH anyone need a job?

Old 06-01-2004, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeayotaSoupra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AHH anyone need a job?

I'm going INSANE.. We need some GOOD people to work!
Me and one other guy work our asses off..and the boss of corse but he's on the tech side.. The pit guy and me are the only two workin..
One dude didn't show up for work today so i'm not sure if he still has a job..the other guy is just.. old and is a drunk.. but still pretty cool..

But latly we've only had sunday and then one half day off.. if this dude doesn't have a job with us anymore.. we only get sunday off.. and I will turn into a grumpy biotch if this happens.. and all the people who have came in for a job look like... well.. yea wont make it..

So if you enojoy doing ANYTHING to cars and don't mind working your ass off in the heat PLEASE come down to SpeeDee in vinton. The owners of the place are awsome and will help you out. but you HAVE to be dedicated to them.

yea....
Old 06-01-2004, 05:22 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: AHH anyone need a job?

good luck.

we go through oil change/tire people like a crack fiend sells furniture......

people do not want to work for their money anymore.....to be honest. i have been in the same shop for 4 years, and have seen over 20 people come and go, most last about two weeks. again, i wish you luck
Old 06-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fc735
good luck.

we go through oil change/tire people like a crack fiend sells furniture......

people do not want to work for their money anymore.....to be honest. i have been in the same shop for 4 years, and have seen over 20 people come and go, most last about two weeks. again, i wish you luck
That or you end up with dumb bastards that don’t tighten the oil filter down…
Old 06-01-2004, 05:42 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

yeah...he gets fired tomorrow....

he called in today too....i honestly dont think that dude has worked a full week the entire time he has been there....
Old 06-01-2004, 06:03 PM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

Luckily I don't have to do that kind of work..

And I have trouble trusting places like that to change my oil now, too, thanks to my experience with JL; ...It was nice of them to forget to put oil in my mk2 Jetta last year, because they were too busy bullshitting with me to do what they were there to do.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:13 PM
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

SlammedScort has disabled reputation

I was a pit guy for about a week. That shit will make you hate working on cars. I had to leave and go drive cars instead of fix them.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

callmecobra96 will become famous soon enough

whats the pay?
Old 06-01-2004, 06:30 PM

TeayotaSoupra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by callmecobra96
whats the pay?
Depends on experiance... Me.. I'm working like a Mexican because I was just lucky someone gave me a damn chance...

Yea.. we have to show everyone their dip stick after we change the oil..As long as they are there...
I had Jiffy Lube in NC forget to put oil in my car... rejects...

And NEVER go to walmart.. my god.. one lady had walmart change her oil one day...tow days later she came to us.. said change it.. I was like uhhh..ok? She said at first there wasn't enough oil in it..so she went back and they put oil in it.. I checked the stick and it was about 2 quarts over.. I was like yup.. then she showed me the back of her van.. Oil EVERYWHERE.. it was blowing out of her exhaust.... So I do the oil change..marking every damn thing down.. Look at her air filter and it's black as black gets.. and soaked in oil.. now I would have thought well maybe it was from them over filling it.. well the damn thing was crumbeling in my hands.. They didn't even bother to check her air filter.. granted it was a pain in the ass to get to but still...

Then today a dude in a 92 integra came in.. said he went to walmart last time and wasn't impressed..well.. walmart put his drain plug in wrong.. stripped it.. we had to tap it and make it work for now..but told him if he's planning to keep the car to invest in a new oil pan..

So many storys.. ha worked on a car the other day.. the oil filter was just sitting there.. maybe on one thread..

I'd NEVER take my car to a place unless I could watch the fuckers...
<<--changing her own oil from now on.

but yea back on topic.. no one ever wants to work..and thats my biggest pet peeve.. Cars are my life.. yea.. the work kicks your ASS after a while.. but the experiance is worth it.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point

Shit I just got done working 7 days straight. G-A-Y Need a new job but not interested in anything like that.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

JL and Walmart are my best customer .

Quick Reply: AHH anyone need a job?