Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

All you VT people okay?

Old 04-16-2007, 11:46 AM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp
Default Re: All you VT people okay?

I think you would be shocked and wouldn't really react before he emptied the pistols and then they barricaded the doors
Old 04-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
If a guy told me and a bunch of people to line up and had guns... I'd like to think I wouldn't kneel down and take it. I don't see why people didn't rush him... maybe shock. But why stand there and let someone kill you.
They hope for the best, if you rush you know you are gonna get shot at. It is very common for people to also vision hero acts after the fact, but very hard to do during. The only sure way for it to end would be for multiple people to rush him at the same time. How can you communicate that at the time?
Old 04-16-2007, 11:47 AM
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed

Originally Posted by spike
I don't want to make race a big issue, but my numbers are pretty much correct according to the U.S. Census Bureau. As of 2000 Blacksburg is 84.4% white and 7.8% Asian (http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...b=&redirect=Y). You've been here only 4 times. I go to school here everyday. I Doubt the whole Asian population is on campus at any given moment.

But onto more important matters. I'm glad that my friend is safe. He was in Norris leaving his 930 exam when he heard shots fired. I'm glad he was able to take cover in a nearby janitor's lounge. Unfortunately a member in project group knew of two people who were shot. Thank God I had a 1000 phone interview, otherwise I would have been at work on campus. It's such a tragedy that this individual took the lives of many innocent people and tarnished the reputation of Tech. The semester was almost finished. My prayers are out there for all those that were affected by the incident.

and the mount of mixed that still looke to be asian, needless to say if you' 19-23 you can hide in the mass numbers of people easy, and that is why the whole race thing was brought up in the 1st place...
what do u mean turbo

91TurboLS is an unknown quantity at this point

so far 30 fatalities, and several more injured.. the shooter is dead still not sure how possibly by self inflicting wound or police force...
Stock is best.

SinceNine19 is an unknown quantity at this point

But there are still many questions left unanswered, including who the shooter was, whether he was a student, why no one saw or stopped him in between shootings, and why he decided to launch the killing spree.

^ from foxnews.com

still a lot of questions going on.

We'll have to see what good old Bush has to say at 415 and the VT officials. When does VT speak? Before or after?
Registered Member

98coupe is infamous around these parts98coupe is infamous around these parts98coupe is infamous around these parts98coupe is infamous around these parts98coupe is infamous around these parts98coupe is infamous around these parts98coupe is infamous around these parts98coupe is infamous around these parts98coupe is infamous around these parts98coupe is infamous around these parts98coupe is infamous around these parts

Law enforcement officials said the gunman carried two weapons, a 9-mm pistol and a 22-caliber handgun
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by catfSSh
from the vid i saw, the asian guy basically stormed in a classrom and without saying a word just unloaded completely on students

id expect that the kids tried to hide or run, or maybe even rush him but realistically when you have two pistols, it woulndt be hard to take your pick at who to shoot. he also said it was random shootings in no order
what vid you watch
Old 04-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Go Hokies!!!

spike is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, I guess you'd have to have some presence of mind to over power a man with two guns. I myself would be shook, but If it came down to me dying, I aint going down without a fight.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:49 AM
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
If a guy told me and a bunch of people to line up and had guns... I'd like to think I wouldn't kneel down and take it. I don't see why people didn't rush him... maybe shock. But why stand there and let someone kill you.
yea i mean 2 guns.... there are more then that many people in a class he had to reload while shooting. i wouldnt done something to try and save myself.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by AgileSRT
But there are still many questions left unanswered, including who the shooter was, whether he was a student, why no one saw or stopped him in between shootings, and why he decided to launch the killing spree.

^ from foxnews.com

still a lot of questions going on.

We'll have to see what good old Bush has to say at 415 and the VT officials. When does VT speak? Before or after?
I'm sure it will be weeks still until we know everything. If we ever do...

Quick Reply: All you VT people okay?