Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Aluminum Welders in Area?

Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Aluminum Welders in Area?

Originally Posted by CovertRussian

Yeah, I've been a bit suprised that there are not many people that can do it in this area. I'm learning to weld with a wirefed, but with aluminum need a TIG so that makes things harder .

As for timing, uh here in the next month or so. I got a buddy from NC that said he could help me, but I figured I would look around locally before I go with that...
Look up username "Marshall" on here.He does great work,and hopefully may be able to do it sometime soon.It'd be several months before I could get to it.
chris
Old 04-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

B&M sheetmetal can do it as well, I had something done by them, but it wasn't exactly how I asked for it to be because I didn't get to talk to the actual welder.

Just ensure that you talk to the person and explain it exactly how you wanted it.

I had no issues, but it was frustrating. Stupid fuel rail
Old 04-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

CovertRussian is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all, thank you everyone for the responses, I really appreciate it

Originally Posted by TransAmWS6
call Broadway Metal Works. i just texted my dad and asked if they do any custom aluminum welding and he said yes, so i guess you would have to give them the details to find out for sure. i dont know if they normally do stuff like youre looking for or not.

540-896-7027
Awesome!!! That's probably something that I could go to, especially if they are open on Saturdays.

Originally Posted by FiascoXL
Just stopped by a place yesterday and ask them if they could weld up some IC pipes for me and I mentioned about possibly doing them in aluminum and they told me they could aluminum too. place is in waynesboro and its called Eddie's Diesel 540-949-4188
I'll keep them in mind, but I would rather keep to something fairly close, especially if I have to make it there during normal business hours.

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Look up username "Marshall" on here.He does great work,and hopefully may be able to do it sometime soon.It'd be several months before I could get to it.
chris
Sent him a message

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
B&M sheetmetal can do it as well, I had something done by them, but it wasn't exactly how I asked for it to be because I didn't get to talk to the actual welder.

Just ensure that you talk to the person and explain it exactly how you wanted it.

I had no issues, but it was frustrating. Stupid fuel rail
I'll keep that in mind, I'm planning on drawing/labeling what goes where haha. As for B&M, they are in Roanoke, and that's far out of my way haha .
Old 04-24-2009, 09:30 AM
psn u sdwyz n slo ln

slowz06 has disabled reputation

So have you talked to anybody about getting it done? Any place you've decided on?

Follow up and let us know how they did for future references.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:16 PM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

I don't know how far you wanna drive, but there is a GREAT shop in Lynchburg that did some aluminum welding for me. They are called Accutech and they did some AWESOME welds for me. I would highly recommend these guys... quality work and great to deal with.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

Originally Posted by CovertRussian
Awesome!!! That's probably something that I could go to, especially if they are open on Saturdays.
they aren't open saturdays.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TNGChris
chris
I appreciate it Chris, but I don't work on cars anymore.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by marshall
I appreciate it Chris, but I don't work on cars anymore.
What?!What are you doing now?No fabrication or anything at all?If so,tht's a huge loss for everybody around here.
Chris
Old 04-27-2009, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

CovertRussian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slowz06
So have you talked to anybody about getting it done? Any place you've decided on?

Follow up and let us know how they did for future references.
Not yet, have been a bit busy and put the car on hold until I receive all the pipes.

I'll post up what I will go with, and the quality of the welds.

Originally Posted by DSMSherie
I don't know how far you wanna drive, but there is a GREAT shop in Lynchburg that did some aluminum welding for me. They are called Accutech and they did some AWESOME welds for me. I would highly recommend these guys... quality work and great to deal with.
If no one in Harrisonburg is available that might be an option, but if thy don't work on Saturdays I'm out of luck hehe.