Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any Chevy Small Blocks for sale?

Old 01-03-2005, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whatdatruck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Chevy Small Blocks for sale?

Thinking about buying an early 80's C10 no motor no trans for 2-3 hundred bucks. The problem is I need to have a motor and trans ready to go in it cause I don't have anywhere to keep it if its not running. I can get a trans from a friend and could build a small block but figured it would be quicker and maybe even cheaper if I could find some one who had one for sale. Not looking for anything to radical just yet. If anybody has anything let me know. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2005, 12:42 PM

myclone1 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any Chevy Small Blocks for sale?

Originally Posted by whatdatruck
Thinking about buying an early 80's C10 no motor no trans for 2-3 hundred bucks. The problem is I need to have a motor and trans ready to go in it cause I don't have anywhere to keep it if its not running. I can get a trans from a friend and could build a small block but figured it would be quicker and maybe even cheaper if I could find some one who had one for sale. Not looking for anything to radical just yet. If anybody has anything let me know. Thanks!
305 or 350? How much are you looking to spend? How complete do you want it, carb to oil pan or just a long block? I dont have anymore spares myself but I have a bud that has several dozen so Im sure he has something that would work. I can tell you he wont give away a 350 for next to nothing but hes prolly got some 305s that can prolly be had for cheap (Im guessing around 150 bucks for a long block 305 but dont quote me on that).
Old 01-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

myclone, what's been up? HAdnt' seen you lately, and I still obsess over SyTy's...

Anywho, I might also be interested in a 350 short block...depends on the price.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:26 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MerF
myclone, what's been up? HAdnt' seen you lately, and I still obsess over SyTy's...

yo merf... i have a friend who has a LOT of chev shit laying around, and can prolly get you whatever motor you want.. if you're looking for anything specific lemme know.. he also knows the 1-3 gen F-bods pretty much inside out
Old 01-04-2005, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by myclone1
305 or 350? How much are you looking to spend? How complete do you want it, carb to oil pan or just a long block? I dont have anymore spares myself but I have a bud that has several dozen so Im sure he has something that would work. I can tell you he wont give away a 350 for next to nothing but hes prolly got some 305s that can prolly be had for cheap (Im guessing around 150 bucks for a long block 305 but dont quote me on that).
Right now just a dependable 350 as complete as i can get it. I've got access to headers, heads, intake and a carb to borrow but dont want to if I dont have to. Basically just something I can run till I get another motor built. Just let me know what you can get and I'll let you know if it'll work. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Ghost

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
yo merf... i have a friend who has a LOT of chev shit laying around, and can prolly get you whatever motor you want.. if you're looking for anything specific lemme know.. he also knows the 1-3 gen F-bods pretty much inside out
Dude, this is in the burg? I'm gonna have to hit you up when I recover from the upcoming wheels purchase...yeah.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:24 AM

Ive been around but mostly lurk plus I work way beyond abnormal hours so I dont get out much cept during the week and yeah, sytys are my thing but I havent been to the track in eons since the POS 700R4 trans refuses to see things my way. Im working on a 4L80E retrofit that will allow me to make some decent hp without worring about carrying the trans home in a bucket so it should be all good soon (for my wallets sake I hope).

Ill called and left a message for my bud to let me know what hes got available. Just waiting to hear back from him.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Ghost

Ill called and left a message for my bud to let me know what hes got available. Just waiting to hear back from him.
Kick ass....thanks.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:54 PM

Kick ass....thanks.

Just got off the phone a few min ago with him and hes thinned out his heard of SBC engines but he does have the following available.

1. Early 70s 350 out of a 1 ton van with low miles (less than 50k and long story there). Steel crank and 4 bolt mains complete long block including intake but carb and exh manifolds are gone. Ran good when removed but its been sitting in his storage building for ~8yrs. $150 and I'll buy this one if no one wants it.

2. Late 80s 350 short block with one piece rear main out of a firebird. Unknown milage, holes not drilled for factory roller cam (the bosses are all there but the holes arent drilled which means its prolly a late 80s truck motor). He said it ran when he pulled the motor but with unknown milage it prolly wouldnt hurt to freshen it since it could have 5k miles or 205k on it.
$250 for this one (this vintage one piece rear main engines are getting scarce and this is what a salvage yard usually charges for a core).

PM me and Ill pass my buds cel phone number on to you so if anyone is interested they can contact him directly. Hes out of town a lot with work so it may take a day or so for him to get back to you.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:31 PM

1. Early 70s 350 out of a 1 ton van with low miles (less than 50k and long story there). Steel crank and 4 bolt mains complete long block including intake but carb and exh manifolds are gone. Ran good when removed but its been sitting in his storage building for ~8yrs. $150 and I'll buy this one if no one wants it.
myclone1 you think you could get a casting number off this one? I would appreciate it greatly.

Quick Reply: Any Chevy Small Blocks for sale?