Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any fireworks shows this July 4?

Old 07-03-2006, 05:22 PM
89silude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94silude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any fireworks shows this July 4?

Originally Posted by pearl350z
Tennis huh? You any good?!!!
eh, not really. i played on the bedford team for 4 years when i was younger...until we moved here to 'noke. i just started getting back into playing this summer.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by 94silude
i'm heading there in 10min to play some tennis.

so they shot fireworks from victory stadium AND at rivers edge? or are they now gonna do it at R.E?
from my understanding,the fireworks have always been shot from the armory near the stadium/Rivers Edge.the stadium was just a viewing place.
everybody i've talked to has said they're still on for this year since tearing down the stadium won't affect the location they set them off at-it'll just be harder to find a good viewing area.
Chris
Old 07-04-2006, 02:19 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pearl350z
Tennis huh? You any good?!!!
more off topic...

i'm pretty sure i saw you last night on williamson (monday night.) i was next to you in my prelude and said "nice car." you just said thanks and looked the other way...jerk.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:22 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

nissan snob

j/k

the fireworks were impressive tonight, but don't get me started on the fucking police! boy am I pissed.

we walked from one end of rivers edge to the end, since we were parked over near the Ronald McDonald house, and it would be more convenient to exit from the far end. we get to that end, and the police have the road blocked for whatever reason and everyone is standing around waiting for them to let us through... so we walk across the field to go through the tunnel and get out that way. nope. get there and they're blocking it too making everyone wait. waited about 10 minutes, and they were still blocking, so we walked back to the far end to come out by Franklin Road and followed everyone down the railroad tracks (which was a hell of a task in itself to walk through that in the dark).. get almost all the way to the end past the helicopter landing pad to the right, and a locomotive is coming at a slow speed so everyone gets off the tracks. then we start hearing police barking orders to turn around and go back to the other end of the tracks or be arrested. they were threatening people who were already obeying their orders and making snide remarks about their clothing and appearance. one of the officers was mocking an older gentlemans TN Volunteers shirt and threatened to take him to jail even though he was already walking back in the direction he was told to walk in... the guy said something to the effect of "I heard you.. I'm doing what you said to" and the officer replied with "Okay buddy.. I'll be right here on the other side waiting for you. Try me! You want to test me?" WTF???

Anyway.. we walked another 1/4 mile back down the tracks and had to turn all the way back around to go up the hill by McLanahan (sp?) where it meets Franklin, and go back up that way. Fuck! That was a LOT of walking. Wouldn't you know it, Steph's sandal broke halfway to the car and I carried her part of the way back, and she wanted to be stubborn and walk without a shoe on one foot part of the bay. It was fucking MUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGY and humid. Ughhhhhh.. I'm going to go take a shower now.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

Watched the works in Little Creek tonight. I was very impressed. Owner had over $1000 worth of the good stuff. Show actually lasted a go solid 45 minutes. Not bad for a backyard blast. Not to mention we rode 4 wheelers all day which ruined my new shoes. Gonna have to wash them later.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

roanoke city cops are a joke, it's beyond ridiculous..
Old 07-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Originally Posted by 94silude
more off topic...

i'm pretty sure i saw you last night on williamson (monday night.) i was next to you in my prelude and said "nice car." you just said thanks and looked the other way...jerk.
ha... it's funny that you say that! when you pulled up next to me and said that, i was in a conversation with my girlfriend and friend (who was standing on the other side of my car). I said thanks, finished the conversation with them, and intended to talk to you because I thought I recognized the car with your dragva sig.... but traffic began to move. as soon as that happened, i turned to my girlfriend and said... "bet he thinks i'm a jerk now!". Anyways... my bad!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:58 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

what a jerk!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Mrs myclone and myself parked on top of a hill in the field at the park way entrance ramp off of 24 so we could watch the show that was going on at byrd. It was only a ~30 min deal but it wasnt bad IMO and she was happy with it (I could care less about fire works but she likes em so whaddya do?).

Too bad she kept me from kicking in the head lights of some rubber head two or three cars over that kept setting of his strobes while everyone else was trying to enjoy the show....theres always some dip shit in every crowd that has to F things up to be happy . If you read this strobe boy you owe the Mrs a "thank you" since my redneck ass was climbing off the truck to go introduce your lights to some steel toes when she stopped me and didnt want me to "make a scene". BTW, youre one lucky idiot.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by myclone
Too bad she kept me from kicking in the head lights of some rubber head two or three cars over that kept setting of his strobes while everyone else was trying to enjoy the show....theres always some dip shit in every crowd that has to F things up to be happy . If you read this strobe boy you owe the Mrs a "thank you" since my redneck ass was climbing off the truck to go introduce your lights to some steel toes when she stopped me and didnt want me to "make a scene". BTW, youre one lucky idiot.
lmao