Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

any local uberdata

Old 08-04-2005, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marshall has disabled reputation
Default Re: any local uberdata

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
any of you guys figured out how to properly use the 3bar gm map? I've been using 1.7 and haven't been able to get an h22 to like it to nicely. The car will run ok but doesen't like to idle or rev up too well.
...did you retune for it? details?
Old 08-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by GaRn
Oh yea, i ran upon the timing map for an H22 pulled straight off of a P13 if you want it, not sure if you have created maps or p13 maps..
I've got a full h22 bin for a p28, works great for me.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
I've got a full h22 bin for a p28, works great for me.

little bit of progress on Uberdata forums now, v 1.9x it out, IAT correction scripts are out, and individual cylinder fuel correction is out too.. pretty neat stuff..
Old 08-04-2005, 11:53 AM

b16oldskool has disabled reputation

anybody have the rear tranny mount bracket off a 94-up teg?

the obd1 p72 can also be used for ubderdata right?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
... and individual cylinder fuel correction is out too.. pretty neat stuff..
haha how many cars have you seen with an EGT probe on each cylinder?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:58 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by marshall
haha how many cars have you seen with an EGT probe on each cylinder?
yet another case of someone overengineering something. an I4 engine is rarely gonna have a cylinder fueling difference if its working right.

a SBC however.....siamesed cylinders will. it is cool as shit talking to some of the old dudes around here that i help out on the circle track cars.....stagger jetting and ignition tweaks are cool as fuck to learn
Old 08-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fc735
yet another case of someone overengineering something. an I4 engine is rarely gonna have a cylinder fueling difference if its working right.
It's actually pretty common, I don't think the scripters made the feature for shits and giggles.

Usually cylinders 2 and 3 are a tad leaner on some Honda engines.. I guess when ringlands on a certain cylinder crack, when the plugs on the rest of the cylinders read fine, that trying to correct it would be overengineering..

Don't DSM's have cylinder #4 usually run leaner? Thats what I have heard, which is why most have EGT's tapped in the #4 runner..

I think its a pretty damn cool feature.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:58 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

it may be a cool feature, but for 99.8% of the users, they will never use and or understand its purpose.

in fact, it will probly cause more problems then its worth, cause alot of people have the "its there....i am gonna mess with it" mentality.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by fc735
it may be a cool feature, but for 99.8% of the users, they will never use and or understand its purpose.

in fact, it will probly cause more problems then its worth, cause alot of people have the "its there....i am gonna mess with it" mentality.
True, I am surely not gonna use it most likely, I have no way to measure the differences, aside from checking plugs, and if there is a noticeable difference on reading plugs then I have more serious problems..