Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anybody see that big wreck on 81?

Old 09-17-2005, 10:30 AM
.!.. Evo's ;)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KnowForever has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anybody see that big wreck on 81?

Yea, i was glad to hear you made it out okay. I called Joe to see if they had left and he told me about your car burning to the ground. Sucks but you're alive and that's all that matters.

to the 'pink' FD
Old 09-17-2005, 10:31 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

R.I.P.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

do you know what caused the fire yet?

do you have any pics of your car before it caught on fire

Last edited by Turblowedneon; 09-17-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:53 AM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
No more RX-7's for a while. Sliding down the road and in the grass because of the rear getting loose at 70 mph will be no more until I get older. Since I put a little more than $20,000 into the car and won't get more than $10K from the insurance, and the car was a TOTAL loss since the damn firefighters pretty much just let it keep burning in case of explosion, I just lost a lot of money on a car I had driven 4,000 miles. I wanted to grab the hose and go down there and put it out myself.

Oh, and is it rebuildable or totaled?

70 mph + spinning + pine trees + oak trees + 30 minutes of flames===== Worse wrecked car I have ever seen.

i think the rear strut bar is ok..we can bend it back!!

Just kidding..but damn dude..sorry about your lose...I would of grab'ed a damn hose to and would try to put that shit out....hence why iam starting to think about throwing a fire extenguisher in my car
Old 09-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

I kinda feel like it was my fault because, I rushed all of us to leave taco bell early and then, I bitched because you dove too slow dex and i aplogize i know thats not going to fix everything but Im willing to help you build another one when the time comes. Im here if ya need anything man.

but all we need now is brian earl spillner and Dom and we can have a 10 sec car.

Last edited by Turblowedneon; 09-17-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Loss of money doesn't mean anything, you made it healthy...that's all that matters.

As far as money, have receipts ready. They'll hit you with 12k or so, but you will get much more money if you have receipts and proof of everything. Trust me. They aren't giving you full value for anything, but as long as nothing had a lot of miles on it, you should get around half.

They paid $600 towards a $1800 rebuild for me with only ~3000 miles on it. They also will look around and compare prices of current ones on the market. Again, have you receipts ready, make sure you tell them it was a touring, and not a base.

Good luck.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:38 AM
LS1=Overrated

Way2SloLS1 has disabled reputation

damn dex... i am sorry to hear that happened...that is why im not driving to the bridge if its raining...about 2 months ago my friend zane totalled his 98 Z28 on his way to the bridge because of the rain he lost control and spun out...but am glad you ok...peace man.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

flynlow has disabled reputation

damnnn... yeah i got stuck in I-81 on the way to natural bridge and was wondering wat was happening. i saw the helicopter in the air and knew something big was happening. sorry to hear about you and your car
Old 09-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Banned

2002BLGT is an unknown quantity at this point

why did it catch fire ?
Old 09-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
I kinda feel like it was my fault because, I rushed all of us to leave taco bell early and then, I bitched because you dove too slow dex and i aplogize i know thats not going to fix everything but Im willing to help you build another one when the time comes. Im here if ya need anything man.

but all we need now is brian earl spillner and Dom and we can have a 10 sec car.

HELL NO IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT! I know the car is no the best in the rain or just wet, and I should have used my head. I know how to get to Natty Bridge myself, I did not need to follow anyone.

Quick Reply: Anybody see that big wreck on 81?