Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anybody see that big wreck on 81?

Old 09-17-2005 | 03:11 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anybody see that big wreck on 81?

Originally Posted by Zero Cylinder
Loss of money doesn't mean anything, you made it healthy...that's all that matters.

As far as money, have receipts ready. They'll hit you with 12k or so, but you will get much more money if you have receipts and proof of everything. Trust me. They aren't giving you full value for anything, but as long as nothing had a lot of miles on it, you should get around half.

They paid $600 towards a $1800 rebuild for me with only ~3000 miles on it. They also will look around and compare prices of current ones on the market. Again, have you receipts ready, make sure you tell them it was a touring, and not a base.

Good luck.
Thanks man.
Old 09-17-2005 | 03:12 PM
Famous...

Originally Posted by 2002BLGT
why did it catch fire ?
No idea, looked like on small fuel line on the back hit the tree. The fire was small for a bit.
Old 09-17-2005 | 03:16 PM
Famous...

What about a wreckless driving ticket, will they reduce it? It is my first offense, no tickets, no wrecks.
Old 09-17-2005 | 03:32 PM
Famous...

Originally Posted by flynlow
damnnn... yeah i got stuck in I-81 on the way to natural bridge and was wondering wat was happening. i saw the helicopter in the air and knew something big was happening. sorry to hear about you and your car

The helicopter. That was a guy who tried to help me and my friend. The craziest thing happened. A semi w/0 a trailer slid off the road and hit the guard rail, hitting this guy right after when had just slid off too. Not 2 minutes after we slid. He was with his wife and son. I felt so bad that he tried to help me and got hit. Luckily he wasn't hurt bad either, they said just maybe a broken rib. I just can't beleive all this stuff.
Old 09-17-2005 | 03:46 PM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
The helicopter. That was a guy who tried to help me and my friend. The craziest thing happened. A semi w/0 a trailer slid off the road and hit the guard rail, hitting this guy right after when had just slid off too. Not 2 minutes after we slid. He was with his wife and son. I felt so bad that he tried to help me and got hit. Luckily he wasn't hurt bad either, they said just maybe a broken rib. I just can't beleive all this stuff.
oh, so the truck didn't have a trailer? that was a pretty crazy accident but everyone lived. Us franklin county boys have been lucky so far.
Old 09-17-2005 | 04:25 PM
Famous...

Now that I think about it, maybe something broke on my car and that caused the spinout, I mean it was a straightaway. I did find a good sized piece of tire right off the road that was ripped apart. Maybe a tire blow or something? Oh well, guess I will never know.

Anyone got wreckless before with no prior tickets? What do you guys think will happen? Should I get a lawyer? Is it worth it?
Old 09-17-2005 | 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

Now that I think about it, maybe something broke on my car and that caused the spinout, I mean it was a straightaway. I did find a good sized piece of tire right off the road that was ripped apart. Maybe a tire blow or something? Oh well, guess I will never know.

Anyone got wreckless before with no prior tickets? What do you guys think will happen? Should I get a lawyer? Is it worth it?
prepare to get the the ky and lube up for the insurance company!
Old 09-17-2005 | 04:31 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Don't get an attorney, unless you've just got that much extra money that you want to throw away for nothing..

If you go to court, and explain that a tire blew out.. I think the worst thing that they would do would be to reduce it to inproper driving or something along the lines of that.... maybe even throw it out altogether! I've seen a lot of things get thrown out in court!
Old 09-17-2005 | 04:32 PM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

well, there is no point in fighting it, you won't win, just be wasting money on the lawyer. Just go in and plead guilty and let the judge know that your sorry // you've learned and it will never happen again, etc. Hope that he gives you some mercy and gives you the lowest fine. Pay it off. It's gonna be i think 6 points on your license for 2 or 4 years, can't really remember but your insurance is fubared for the next few years.

also, i doubt your tire would of blown out, you'd of known about it. Those shredded tires pieces are all up & down 81 from the semi's.
Old 09-17-2005 | 04:33 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by DeadEvoVIII
well, there is no point in fighting it, you won't win, just be wasting money on the lawyer. Just go in and plead guilty and let the judge know that your sorry // you've learned and it will never happen again, etc. Hope that he gives you some mercy and gives you the lowest fine. Pay it off. It's gonna be i think 6 points on your license for 2 or 4 years, can't really remember but your insurance is fubared for the next few years.

also, i doubt your tire would of blown out, you'd of known about it. Those shredded tires pieces are all up & down 81 from the semi's.
Pfft. Not even.

It's worth fighting if he's going to go through the trouble of going to court; Period.

Quick Reply: Anybody see that big wreck on 81?