Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone got a small water pump / Shop Vac

Old 07-06-2006, 02:07 PM
It tilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone got a small water pump / Shop Vac

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Let me know if you want to come by and get it. I think it's a 12 gallon. Maybe a little smaller. But, should be plenty big enough for what you're doing...

I shall...alot if falling through right now ( IE parents are pissed off at my choice of house....there bitchen because it's SE...which is wear they DID raise me.....but this house has been fully remolded....i can afford it and it has a few rough spots....such as the basment door leaking....etc....so they ran there damn mouth to the inspector whom apperntly just wants to fail it by what they said )
Old 07-11-2006, 03:08 AM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
I shall...alot if falling through right now ( IE parents are pissed off at my choice of house....there bitchen because it's SE...which is wear they DID raise me.....but this house has been fully remolded....i can afford it and it has a few rough spots....such as the basment door leaking....etc....so they ran there damn mouth to the inspector whom apperntly just wants to fail it by what they said )
Buying at house is a wise investment as long as its not a POS that requires tons of cash to make decent (leave those for the guys with deep pockets who can pay cash). While owning a home can be a PIA at times it opens up TONS of options as far as your personal worth/buying power that a non home owner doesnt have. Youll get better rates on everything from car insurance to interest rates on any loans you take out (car/personal/etc) which saves you money in the long run.

BTW, if youve seriously got 4" of standing water in your basement from the rain you should look VERY closely as to where its coming from. Four inches is a LOT of water in a basement just from rain getting in around an unsealed door (if I read what you wrote correctly). If I were you the next time it rains go outside and make sure that the gutters and/or drainage thats around the house arent funneling water into your basement and if you find the source then fix it. Water+basement is a huge PIA and expense to deal with on a regular basis (flooded HVAC/water heater/washer and dryer/etc are all $$ to replace or fix once they get water in them). Not to mention the mold/mildew (read: smell) that comes along with it. Lastly a leaky/wet basement kills the resale value.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:34 AM
It tilts

Originally Posted by myclone
Buying at house is a wise investment as long as its not a POS that requires tons of cash to make decent (leave those for the guys with deep pockets who can pay cash). While owning a home can be a PIA at times it opens up TONS of options as far as your personal worth/buying power that a non home owner doesnt have. Youll get better rates on everything from car insurance to interest rates on any loans you take out (car/personal/etc) which saves you money in the long run.

BTW, if youve seriously got 4" of standing water in your basement from the rain you should look VERY closely as to where its coming from. Four inches is a LOT of water in a basement just from rain getting in around an unsealed door (if I read what you wrote correctly). If I were you the next time it rains go outside and make sure that the gutters and/or drainage thats around the house arent funneling water into your basement and if you find the source then fix it. Water+basement is a huge PIA and expense to deal with on a regular basis (flooded HVAC/water heater/washer and dryer/etc are all $$ to replace or fix once they get water in them). Not to mention the mold/mildew (read: smell) that comes along with it. Lastly a leaky/wet basement kills the resale value.

Yea the basmet door drain is messed up and this water has been coming in from the door..during the heavy rains you can see the water come down the "steps" than flow in....i stoped the door up with some silcion for now and no water has come in....this house has been vacant for a year and the whole basment is drylocked...so the water has just been sitting there..............

i would imagaine after fixing the ghetto ass door..and pumping all this still water out iam should be fine....my parents old house has a drylocked basment and when we pumped it out we went around and used bleach/water and cleaned the drylock off to prevent mold and mildew and we never had a problem
Old 07-11-2006, 04:23 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
the basmet door drain is messed up
That explains it... I was trying to figure out how rain getting around a plywood door was causing 4" of standing water. I knew we got a lot of rain the other week but I was thinking holy hell how big of an opening is there to get that much water in the basement LOL.

Deffinately get that drain fixed (and the door) and you should be good to go.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

I still vote on flooding the basement and putting fish in it.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cootees
I still vote on flooding the basement and putting fish in it.
From the sounds of things all he's lacking is the fish.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:35 PM
It tilts

Originally Posted by myclone
From the sounds of things all he's lacking is the fish.

I got fish....now i wonder if the snakes would float ?
Old 07-23-2006, 10:43 AM
It tilts

FYI and thanks cosmo for the offer......the basment had an sump pump that was unpluged and covered....a 12 foot ext. cord works wonders