Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone Talked to Marshall lately?

Old 11-20-2002, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone Talked to Marshall lately?

I heard something from a fellow DSMer that he blew his motor. The guy doesnt know exactly what happened just mentioned a valve hit a piston, he's new so thats the best description he could give me. I just want to know if this is true, and if so wat happened (timing belt, nitrous?)
Old 11-20-2002, 08:35 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

valve hitting piston=timing chain broke.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:54 PM
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Valve hitting a piston doesnt mean the timing chain (is it even a chain or a belt?)broke...over revving can cause the same thing. All these guys we used to have left the board, Parknasty, Wags, Marshall etc...they must be busy blowing their motors.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:30 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

i have his e-mail somewhere, if i get a chance, i might send something his way.. his car kicks ass that would truly suck if he blew it. yeah i would think overreving would do it (valve float = piston smack valve?) or his timing could have jumped.. or belt broken.. in any case.. who's the new guy anyway, chris?
Old 11-21-2002, 10:05 PM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

hey, i didn't blow my motor. i wrecked a lifter (which bent a valve) when i shifted to 2nd instead of fourth (those kinds of things happen after a pitcher of miller lite...)

so i pulled the head and did some work. my buddy elijah (V8BRICK) was gracious enough to put his porting skills to good use on it and i had adam at pro engines shave the head and do a 3 angle valve job. i also added a ralli art 4 layer metal head gasket and ARP studs. i also made a sheet metal intake manifold for it. the hood isn't quite going to clear so it looks like i'm gonna have to make a new one out of fiberglass (ah shucks).

there are pictures of the headwork (which turned out awesome) and the intake manifold on streetdynamics.com if anyone is interested.

big plans for it in the next few months too. just as soon as i replenish my bank account...

marshall
Old 11-21-2002, 10:52 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
[Bin any case.. who's the new guy anyway, chris? [/B]
Me?
Old 11-22-2002, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

V8BRICK is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, we're out breaking shit again, as usual.....

Let me guess Rguy, you were the kid back in grade school that kept all your G.I. Joes to your self on a shelf above your bed, not letting anyone play with them? Well I was the kid that had pieces of charred G.I. Joe lying all over the place because I liked to watch them burn, then I'd go find someone elses toys to break....I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to break those cast pistons of yours, come on, let's force a little nitrous down the throat of that yellow bellied sneech, don't you want to be a star-bellied sneech like the rest of us?
Old 11-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

20psi 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point

whats up marshall! i'm gonn try to make a manifold i think. any tips from the nips?
shaun
"i'm leaving the import scene. going to the classics. 55 chevy with bags and flame paint and shaved handles. and lots of old women in menapause"
Old 11-22-2002, 10:52 PM
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

I never played with GI Joes, but He-Man and the masters of the Universe owned me y0. Nitrous? Only if you promise two big bottles and some yellow spark wires to go with it.
Old 11-23-2002, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Marshall, I am interested in what engineering efforts went into the making of that intake mani? Such as runner length, runner width, etc. I like how the TB mounds in the dead center, but I am just curious about the other aspects of the manifold. Alot of engineering must be thought out before a GOOD manifold is made. No doubt it will help you out, but I am curious if you engineered it for a certain RPM powerband.

Quick Reply: Anyone Talked to Marshall lately?