Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone with a welder?

Old 03-04-2005, 08:29 AM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Anyone with a welder?

that was some of the worst welding i have ever seen.

i reckon it works though shouldnt leak now.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

what'd the mani cost? you can pm me, just wondering if mine are competitive...
Old 03-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fc735
that was some of the worst welding i have ever seen.

i reckon it works though shouldnt leak now.
oh hmm why was it so bad? the penetration or what? I didn't think it was to sloppy.. thanks for fixing it though! I am def. gonna brace it just to make sure it doesnt crack..

Marshall, it cost me $180 shipped.. it was pretty much the only choice I had unless I wanted to buy a cast manifold for $350+, or an SSautochrome manifold for a 4g63, then redrill it..

o well :shrug:
Old 03-04-2005, 12:30 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

it had about 30 bucks in materials, Marshall. two 90's, 6" of straight, turbo flange, wastegate flange, and exhaust man. flange. and it looked like a drunk man welded it.

(done with a 110 wire feed welder, more then likely using flux core wire. too low power, or too high wire feed rate. it had a little more arch to it then i would like. compare what i touched up with what was done, and you will see what i am talking about. i had the amperage too low, but it was better then the other)
Old 03-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

gasless mig! yikes!
Old 03-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fc735
it had about 30 bucks in materials, Marshall. two 90's, 6" of straight, turbo flange, wastegate flange, and exhaust man. flange. and it looked like a drunk man welded it.

(done with a 110 wire feed welder, more then likely using flux core wire. too low power, or too high wire feed rate. it had a little more arch to it then i would like. compare what i touched up with what was done, and you will see what i am talking about. i had the amperage too low, but it was better then the other)
so do you think it will hold up or what?
Old 03-04-2005, 03:21 PM
The Pro to call.

yeah, it'll work fine. just aint purdy.