Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

ATTN: LEGISLATURE INTRODUCED TO BRING 95 dB law to VA!

Old 01-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSturboEH2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ATTN: LEGISLATURE INTRODUCED TO BRING 95 dB law to VA!

Originally Posted by My 240 is faster
Not bad; don't try to make other car people (mustang/truck owners) look bad, and do a spell check.

If it says you address doesn't work on there, just type like "100 main st" and the city, and it should work.

Nick

wasnt trying to make other look bad, just want fair justice. i didnt see a spell check, i had a few words in question, but didnt take the time to look them up. my delegate is a friend of the family, so if he sees the last name hopefully he will read it.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:59 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i dont know if i would word that letter like that to be honest. main reason is the laws arent only enforced by local cops, but state troopers also, and their jurisdiction is highways only. so, murder/rape/etc isnt their job.

not meaning to sound like an ass or anything, but from me reading that letter you posted, if i were someone that didnt know alot about cars, i would think that some punk kid wrote it. again, i dont knock you writing it and all, since everyone is different, but i think there could be a more professional way of doing it.

basically, if EVERYONE gets together and does it to where it is like you are writing on behalf of car enthusiasts of all kinds, it may look better.

i am working on one right now, will post sometime.

to everyone doing this, and lets get it done.

*edit*

here is mine from me as a business, i am working on one for personal shit now.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/equesenb...%20letter1.doc

Last edited by HatefulMechanic; 01-24-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Banned

LSturboEH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ahhh o well. i was just trying to make a point.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Xyxyll is an unknown quantity at this point

The only way to make this bill pass through the legislature is to write in a professional way to all of our delegates. It's important for our delegates to know that we support this bill and wish to see it followed through with. My only concern is that the state legislature will reject/sit on this bill because passing it would hurt a big fundraiser of theirs. Virginia is strapped for cash. Perhaps we can suggest an alternate fundraiser?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:50 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

okie dokie.....here is a quickie i did from an individual. semi professional, do what you will, use is as a guide or whatever.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/equesenb...letter%202.doc
Old 01-24-2005, 05:04 PM
hybrid hatch

totaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Xyxyll
The only way to make this bill pass through the legislature is to write in a professional way to all of our delegates. It's important for our delegates to know that we support this bill and wish to see it followed through with. My only concern is that the state legislature will reject/sit on this bill because passing it would hurt a big fundraiser of theirs. Virginia is strapped for cash. Perhaps we can suggest an alternate fundraiser?
I wrote that it would be advantageous to both sides because of the decibel limit. it would give true enthusiasts more leeway in modifying their cars, while still allowing law enforcement to crack down on the "I am/want to be a street racer" (aka ricer) crowd. maybe if we can get that point across, it will get passed. just try to show them that two things can be accomplished. that true enthusiasts can modify their cars, and law enforcement can still crack down on ricers which still generates revenue for the state.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Xyxyll is an unknown quantity at this point

Read the letter. Very impressive. That's exactly the message that needs to be sent.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:03 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, make sure you put your address in the letter somewhere so they know they represent you.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:29 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, here is the letter I wrote http://filebox.vt.edu/users/ahoai/Dear%20Delegate.doc

Everyone is free to copy it, or edit it and use it. Remember, include your name, address, district, and all that other stuff. Links to find that are posted in the nova thread.

Like I said though, its best to write your own letter.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

should we mail or email them? I would think reg mail is more professional however the email would be reached alot faster