Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Autocross Nov. 21, Salem Civic Center, Salem, VA (charity autocross)

Old 11-17-2004, 08:46 AM
<3FreshieFresh<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Autocross Nov. 21, Salem Civic Center, Salem, VA (charity autocross)

I've figured out a way to get myself a new clutch, LSD, and tires..

Might make an appearance. It would be my first actual autocross too.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:49 AM

TeayotaSoupra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Autocross Nov. 21, Salem Civic Center, Salem, VA (charity autocross)

ehh I have a meeting at work at 7am but after that I might stop by
Old 11-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

ShishCoBob is an unknown quantity at this point

It better not rain.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Rain or shine dont matter to me. Done a few but never in the rain. Hope every one comes out. Give me a reason to wait all day to run lol depending on group/class. All first timers get there early trust me it helps so much .
Old 11-17-2004, 12:02 PM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

My first autox here in wilm was half rain half sun. Its so fun to drift a 180 deg turn in the rain w/ a fwd lol...if u can call it drifting.

When the timer screwed up and nobody could get they're runs timed, I decided to do a run and see how many of those cones I could take out in the 180deg turn. I got all but 1 !!!

Word of advice tho, they seriously frowned upon my having fun and all the other people that drove stupid, like the kid w/ the TT Supra who couldn't keep it on the track. and the kid w/ the old Turbo RX-7 who liked fish tailing around every possible turn he could, and spinning out several times. Afterwards the head of the meet lectured the remaining drivers who stayed for the fun runs about driving stupid or showing off and how it makes it harder for them to find locations where they can hold these sancioned (sp?) events.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

im there!
Old 11-17-2004, 12:56 PM
bring ding ding ding

Choodle has disabled reputation

I'll go, and race, whatever. Don't know which truck I'll be driving though. If I get the X-Runner before then it would be a pretty good time to test it out I guess, but if not, the S-10 can hold its own depending on what class they stick me in.

Can someone pm me a list of requirements(inspection, fees, yada yada) and where to sign up at. I'll compete if I can pass the inspections. The X-Runner will pass, but I'm not sure about the S-10, its seen a few too many launches and its starting to take its toll on the tires. But I got a new clutch in it yesterday! Much nicer than the centerforce.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Main thing most forget make sure you have a battery tie down. Check the site for more info.

http://www.brr-scca.org/

Event Date(s) 21-Nov-2004
Event Description/
Schedule Registration / Tech: 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Driver's meeting (mandatory): 10:45 AM
First car off: 11:00 AM
Entry fee: $15.00 SCCA members $20.00 non-members
Old 11-17-2004, 01:25 PM
bring ding ding ding

Choodle has disabled reputation

Wait, nevermind, I'll be in Nashville. I just realized that. Damn.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

You suck j/k have fun.

Quick Reply: Autocross Nov. 21, Salem Civic Center, Salem, VA (charity autocross)