Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Autocross Nov. 21, Salem Civic Center, Salem, VA (charity autocross)

Old 11-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myclone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Autocross Nov. 21, Salem Civic Center, Salem, VA (charity autocross)

Cool... I just might have to show up and give it a try since it kinda sounds like fun. Any trophies awarded for "most orange cones taken out"?

Id bring the Syclone but the trans is in pieces all over the garage and Id have to bring a dozen or so ppl with me to push it around the course. Lap times would prolly suck [shrug].
Old 11-21-2004, 04:49 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Autocross Nov. 21, Salem Civic Center, Salem, VA (charity autocross)

no.....a sy/ty with a tranny out

never.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:26 AM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

My requirement is you must be able to do the track faster than 50 seconds or your dq'd lol My slowest was 49 sec even when I took out all the cones in the hairpin, my fastest was 42. The fasteset on that track was a BMW M3 at 38sec.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
My requirement is you must be able to do the track faster than 50 seconds or your dq'd lol My slowest was 49 sec even when I took out all the cones in the hairpin, my fastest was 42. The fasteset on that track was a BMW M3 at 38sec.
this track was a little bigger, it was pretty good, but I didn't get a chance to walk it, so the first 3 of the 4 runs I went off track ha.. managed a 68.xxx, decent for my first autox(my last run), fastest out there of all the classes was an STI with some pretty nice tires.. he got a 58.xxx..

I learned three things..

1.M+S rated tires suck for autox
2.understeer sucks
3.WALK THE TRACK!

haha..
Old 11-22-2004, 05:01 AM
Registered Member

quickChris is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a great time,my last run was the best also.I got a 67.xx,but I hit 1 cone,so add 2sec.This also was my first AutoX.On a side note,we went to Elk Creek Sat and I ran my new best times,four 9 flats.Oh,my car does not have power steering,that made the AutoX even more fun lol.

Last edited by quickChris; 11-22-2004 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:06 AM
(GT4 Driver BWahah!)

Heisdan is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, did anyone run an evo? who?

I'd like to see how those things fair with a driver I'm familiar w/
Old 11-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Here are the results...

http://www.brr-scca.org/11212004.htm

No Evo's that I see
Old 11-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

wish they had some pics :\

clay get a damn firewire card and post up some vids..

what tires do you guy's think i should get after winter? anything that will last 30k and has pretty good grip? anything is better than what I have lol..
Old 11-22-2004, 03:43 PM
wtb scoobie snacks

musicmaniac is on a distinguished road

wtf thats not my best time which they said was a 88 OMG i at least got a 75 something but like most people i kept getting lost
Old 11-26-2004, 04:27 PM
SequentialSportshift

Tekwon-V is an unknown quantity at this point

what did everyone drive at this event?

i remember seeing a 4th gen white prelude and the red 240sx w/ a cf hood... i believe you two are on here.

quickchris... wut did you drive?

Quick Reply: Autocross Nov. 21, Salem Civic Center, Salem, VA (charity autocross)