Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

BASS

Old 12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: BASS

LOL!

Nothing to me is better than a non-stereotypical Honda owner bashes the typical Honda owner.

I can't group the OP in that category, but it was funny that he's bashing the typical El Loco Civic running around Roanoke
Old 12-04-2006, 04:31 AM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

who doesn't bash the El Loco Civics putting around here?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:17 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

I've had great luck with Jlw7's. I had two 10w7's in my hatch with a 1000/1...car made 148.8db (Loud)

I'm looking at getting these though...decent price, custom made with options

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...iew.shopscript

Make sure you have a decent amp for those subs. The box you build will be the biggest factor in making deep bass. Not all boxes are created equal!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
LOL!

Nothing to me is better than a non-stereotypical Honda owner bashes the typical Honda owner.

I can't group the OP in that category, but it was funny that he's bashing the typical El Loco Civic running around Roanoke
i can't say for sure the OP fits in this category,but it seems that way.

if you want to build an SPL system for competition,that's cool.i used to be into that scene,and i still enjoy car audio.
if you want "some bangin bass,son",so that you can pull up beside me at a stoplight,making my two year old in the backseat cry...that's not cool.

i guess the whole tone of his post-that "i wanna bust out mah back window" type thing is what gives the impression he's the second type of person...not to mention the lack of any kind of punctuation or sentence structure.
if the post included some kind of target sound level,a rough budget level("money is not a problem for me" does not count.if that were the case,get the Fishman to build you a system),how much room you're willing to give up,etc.,i'd be more inclined to give advice.

take your car to one of the audio shops around here.Custom Auto Sounds or Audiotronics would be my choices.i really don't think there are any shops in the area that are top level,but they're capable of making a lot of bass if that's all you want.tell them what you want,and how much you have to spend,then let them figure out the best setup for you.

two Kicker competition 15s and a Precision Power a1200.2 amp were enough to break the urethane on the back window of my coupe about 10 years ago.it was painful to sit in the car.the box was tuned to play down really low,and still have very good response and sound quality.one 15" or two 12" subs with a good amount of power should do it.i still ran the stock alternator-never had any problems,and that was also running an a600.2 to power the front stage.

chris
Old 12-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TNGChris
if you want to build an SPL system for competition,that's cool.i used to be into that scene,and i still enjoy car audio.
if you want "some bangin bass,son",so that you can pull up beside me at a stoplight,making my two year old in the backseat cry...that's not cool.

i guess the whole tone of his post-that "i wanna bust out mah back window" type thing is what gives the impression he's the second type of person...not to mention the lack of any kind of punctuation or sentence structure.

chris
Well said Chris.

Make no mistake that I like my music loud...REALLY loud but as a common courtousy to other ppl I crank the volume down when theyre stuck beside me at a light or other automotive log jam. All I ask is that other ppl extend the same courtousy.

Make my 2yr old cry and you'll have a bad day in some way....I promise.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

awd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond repute

get a rockford fosgate t2 15" and a fosgate amp
Old 12-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Other than what has been mentioned already,

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php

Or if you can get ahold of a Stryke Audio AV12 or AV15 that should suite your fancy..

Those are more on the SQ end though.. probably not what you are looking for..

In all seriousness, you would probably be just as happy going to best buy and loading up with Power Acoustik judging by your post.

I can vouche for Pre-MTX owned Xtant amplifiers.. nice shit.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Since dude has had his post answered, I have a question. I want something with amazing sound quality for the M3, but not too loud. I hate fucking trunk rattle. What the hell can I do? I do not want to dynamat the whole trunk even though I have about 50 foot of that shit. The JL I have now just doesn't cut it with 75 watts of power pouring through it.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Since dude has had his post answered, I have a question. I want something with amazing sound quality for the M3, but not too loud. I hate fucking trunk rattle. What the hell can I do? I do not want to dynamat the whole trunk even though I have about 50 foot of that shit. The JL I have now just doesn't cut it with 75 watts of power pouring through it.
Brandon (D1gital V3n0m) has an IDQ thats never been opened I think.. he might sell that to you, very nice sub imo
Old 12-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
Brandon (D1gital V3n0m) has an IDQ thats never been opened I think.. he might sell that to you, very nice sub imo
Never heard of that. I do like these. But damn I bet they will fuck my trunk up.

Quick Reply: BASS