Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

BASS

Old 12-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: BASS

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Never heard of that. I do like these. But damn I bet they will fuck my trunk up.
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/prod...d=idq&type=sub

Image Dynamics makes nice stuff, I have their coaxials in my doors, best sounding coaxials I've ever heard.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/prod...d=idq&type=sub

Image Dynamics makes nice stuff, I have their coaxials in my doors, best sounding coaxials I've ever heard.
Oh yeah, I do recognize the stuff. I might look into elemental also. I see they are offering full packages now. Also cheap and 3 year warranty.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Oh yeah, I do recognize the stuff. I might look into elemental also. I see they are offering full packages now. Also cheap and 3 year warranty.
Yea, the elemental packages are unbeatable imo, and if you browse their forums you will see they have quite a following by people that KNOW what they are doing and talking about, so that tells you somethin
Old 12-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Since dude has had his post answered, I have a question. I want something with amazing sound quality for the M3, but not too loud. I hate fucking trunk rattle. What the hell can I do? I do not want to dynamat the whole trunk even though I have about 50 foot of that shit. The JL I have now just doesn't cut it with 75 watts of power pouring through it.
what JL do you have?i've always been a fan of theirs.i had a 10W6 in my coupe,and right now i have the 8" Microsub in my hatchback.the 8" sub is amazing-sounds as good,is as loud and plays as deep as any 12" speaker i've heard.
you also need to have a good amp to power it.
chris
Old 12-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Famous...

Originally Posted by GaRn
Yea, the elemental packages are unbeatable imo, and if you browse their forums you will see they have quite a following by people that KNOW what they are doing and talking about, so that tells you somethin
One of my good friends has had one in his Prelude for a good few years when they were barely known. It has always been good.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Famous...

Originally Posted by TNGChris
what JL do you have?i've always been a fan of theirs.i had a 10W6 in my coupe,and right now i have the 8" Microsub in my hatchback.the 8" sub is amazing-sounds as good,is as loud and plays as deep as any 12" speaker i've heard.
you also need to have a good amp to power it.
chris

It one of the old 10's. Not sure, maybe w3v2? The amp is also a POS. I'm going to change the whole setup.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Registered member

One of my good friends has had one in his Prelude for a good few years when they were barely known. It has always been good.
Yea back when they sold piston subs? I liked those models too
Old 12-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Famous...

I do like the JL stuff. Wish it wasn't so damn expensive...
Old 12-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point

Run a set up like mine if you want SQ.

10" IDQ, Diamond Audio M651 Coaxials, Clarion Pro Audio HX-D10 (High quality elitest HU. No internal amplification. No longer made but if you can find one it's a great buy.) KnuKonceptz.com wiring, Custom built Sealed enclosure for the sub, and a nice amp (That depends on what you want as far as RMS wattage and the like.)

JL=Shit compared to what else is on the market.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by D1g1tal V3n0m
Run a set up like mine if you want SQ.

10" IDQ, Diamond Audio M651 Coaxials, Clarion Pro Audio HX-D10 (High quality elitest HU. No internal amplification. No longer made but if you can find one it's a great buy.) KnuKonceptz.com wiring, Custom built Sealed enclosure for the sub, and a nice amp (That depends on what you want as far as RMS wattage and the like.)

JL=Shit compared to what else is on the market.
Lol u said elitist..

I wouldn't go as far as to say JL is shit lol.. just very overpriced.

Quick Reply: BASS