Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

For this being a college town...

Old 09-03-2003, 09:19 AM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default For this being a college town...

there sure are a lot of dumbasses!!

I'm on the way to go to Golden Arches for my usual artery clog of the day, and right in front of campus, this group of 15 people decides they want to dart in front of traffic...and cross the road.
I know that VA state law requires drivers to yield right of way to pedestrians...but is there any clause in there to hit a DUMBASS!?

G'Damn.....if you go out in fron of traffic doing 25mph..you are stupid enough to be hit. end of story.

it pissed me off...it took me longer to get that juicy burger i had been dreaming of all morning......

end vent.

thank you
Old 09-03-2003, 09:48 AM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

they are supposed to give traffic a chance to stop, but they hardly ever do, just walk out... Kid on washington street got killed last year doin that, car hit him was only going about 26 miles an hour.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:57 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i was in the Metro, too.......that woulda hurt!.........and who i hit wouldnt be feelin good, either......
Old 09-03-2003, 10:17 AM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had one walk into the side of my car on College Ave. in front of Squires, unfortunatly for his intoxicated self I was working at the time.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Sadly enough the "man" feels the need to protect these dumbasses, such as the case last year when the guy died. I fully agree, and feel that Darwin should come for these morons, it was quite sad IMO when the tech police (no offense 453) decided it was necessary to begin seriously enforcing the crosswalk idea, as honestly if there isnt any traffic I dont see why there is a need to cross between those white lines. If someone is stupid enough not to use them when there is traffic I say let them be introduced to your radiator, just another bug splat IMO. So I'm heartless to dumbasses, sue me
Old 09-03-2003, 12:35 PM
BOOST!

Goofynick6 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh trust me, it's hard not to get pissed when 3 girls on cellphones or just some idiot walks in front of your 40 foot, 17 ton transit bus, forcing you to slam on the brakes.

Sometimes you just wanna hit them to teach a lesson!
Old 09-03-2003, 01:41 PM
KA powered S14

019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by VT_453
Had one walk into the side of my car on College Ave. in front of Squires, unfortunatly for his intoxicated self I was working at the time.
hahaha. sucks to be him, haha.

Originally posted by MyProbeisfaster
oh trust me, it's hard not to get pissed when 3 girls on cellphones or just some idiot walks in front of your 40 foot, 17 ton transit bus, forcing you to slam on the brakes.

Sometimes you just wanna hit them to teach a lesson!
sounds like a lot of ppl need to get hit in this town. i agree tho... those college kids (hehe, i can say that now!) just think they're better than cars, so they just don't give a fuck. it's a small town, they'll tell ya... yea whatever... people are just stupid...