Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Best mexican rest. around?

Old 11-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: Best mexican rest. around?

The El Rodeo on Brandon is excellent...

But, the best IMO is the Red Coyote Grill in downtown Roanoke in the Market Building.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:34 AM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO all of those food chains are not "real" mexican food. it's very "americanized".

the only place that i know of that is real authentic (sp is off) is "Let's Taco" on willy.
most people don't like it b/c they think that el rodeo is real mexican food. when i was down in mexico NONE of the resturants were like el Rodeo or Racho Viejo's.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:30 PM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TrailorParkPimp
i like Mexican food but it dont like me. i used to like Chi Chi's in Roanoke when it was open. awesome food. too bad its closed
I went to a Chi Chi's the last time I went somewhere.... I think it was either when we went to VA Beach, Kings Dominion, or NC. I don't remember where the fuck it was now that I think about it.

Good food! Huge taco salads!
Old 11-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 89silude
IMO all of those food chains are not "real" mexican food. it's very "americanized".

the only place that i know of that is real authentic (sp is off) is "Let's Taco" on willy.
most people don't like it b/c they think that el rodeo is real mexican food. when i was down in mexico NONE of the resturants were like el Rodeo or Racho Viejo's.
The el rodeo here in Bburg is pretty damn mexican Believe me. El guad's is just a nicer establishment and costs about the same.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:49 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

every place i have beeen to so far, have had assloads of mexicans working there.

if there is a white guy working, i leave immediately.

and i am not kidding.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Hmm when i went to mexico this summer i was suprised at the food.. It really seemed more "american" than i thought it would have.. lots of meats/fish etc.. lot of seafood kind of stuff to.. really not to to far off..
Old 11-08-2004, 05:43 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

we have an assload of mexicans in the county, and every one of them cooks like what i eat at most rest. i go to around here.

so they must be americanized? they sure as fuck dont speak english, but they cook like us

my ass is just now starting to feel better, that chicken tore it up yesterday.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

True, it may not be authentic Mexican. But, we're in the US. I want Americanized Mexican. That's what I'm used to. I have tried real Mexican. A relative has several Mexican co-workers, and I was treated to an authentic dinner one night, and it was great. But, my stomach won't allow me to eat that kind of food very often. Not to mention what it will do to the plumbing in the house....
Old 11-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Im confused about whats the difference between real mexican and americanized mexican? Is it like the chinese food we have around here? Cause I hear thats americanized too, I've heard the real chinese sucks ass. God bless General Tso, I dont care if he's american.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:00 PM
beep beep

Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie

chicken and brocolli*, thsoe little crab wantons and the chinese doughnuts....hhhmmmmm...damn i wish dynasty was still open

Quick Reply: Best mexican rest. around?