Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Best tuning shop?

Old 04-25-2007, 04:45 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: Best tuning shop?

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Sounds good, i'll give you guys a call soon. Where exactly are you located and would I need to set up an appointment?

Thanks,
Micah

Don't say I didn't warn you...

Nothing against SAVAGE. I don't know him. It's just a very bad idea to reflash a WRX ECU.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:47 AM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Don't say I didn't warn you...

Nothing against SAVAGE. I don't know him. It's just a very bad idea to reflash a WRX ECU.
Thats true, right now im just trying to see what my schedual is like and if I have time to go to NOVA. I may take Pearl350Z's advice and just make a trip up to Manassas.

Pearl350Z,
Do you know the same of the shop that could dyno-tune my WRX? Lemme know if you have any info on them and i'll call and try to get up there and get this thing running right.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

holy fucking goddamn shit. it is not that hard, really.

why is accessport not working? its a basic stage 4 setup, not like its a hard map to load.

you running bigger injectors i presume?

and on that note, there are about four companies that will reflash the pcm with it out of the car, takes all of three days. unlike the three weeks worth of threads that have been posted about it. not trying to be a dick, although i am damn good at it, but even a mildy trained chimp can find these places on google.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Aequitas - Veritas

BananaBroncoII has disabled reputation

joey needs a hug this morning.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by fc735
holy fucking goddamn shit. it is not that hard, really.

why is accessport not working? its a basic stage 4 setup, not like its a hard map to load.

you running bigger injectors i presume?

and on that note, there are about four companies that will reflash the pcm with it out of the car, takes all of three days. unlike the three weeks worth of threads that have been posted about it. not trying to be a dick, although i am damn good at it, but even a mildy trained chimp can find these places on google.
*Intraweb hug*

I know, i've been really lazy about it, just trying to do the most convenient thing without having to travel very far.

Anyways, i've decided to go up to Manassas or one of the AWD dyno shops near NOVA and get it done the right way. I'd like to see what this thing can lay down.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:48 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

with an 18g, i predict 275ish to the ground on 93, 305 on 110.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by fc735
with an 18g, i predict 275ish to the ground on 93, 305 on 110.
wow, thats depressing. 18g should be good for more than that? where is the flow restriction?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
where is the flow restriction?
the motor.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

wow, thats depressing. 18g should be good for more than that? where is the flow restriction?
No flow restriction. Just powering all four wheels.

But I would think higher than that. My car with a VF34 turbo (smaller than the 18g) made 275 at the wheels on 93 octane with a somewhat conservative map. Last time I talked to the current owner, it was right at 300 with a little more aggressive tune.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Capitalist Pig

The EJ20 intake design.

I've seen most guys pull 280-310awhp with an 18G and everything else.

But yeah, the motor itself isnt really that great in stock form - hence why im saying F*@CK it and moving on to building up my S4, now thats a fun powerplant.

Quick Reply: Best tuning shop?