Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

black Monte Carlo?

Old 05-29-2004, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myclone2 has disabled reputation
Default Re: black Monte Carlo?

Originally Posted by chidoks
OMG...I love Syclone's...
Thanks.. Im suprised anyone in this area knows what one is. Ive been to NB (quite a while back when it was almost stock), Fast Freddies, Williamson road, etc and no one knows what it is. I kinda like it that way though as I can make a couple of bucks pretty easily as everyone thinks its just an s10 with a V8 .

FWIW some of the things Ive been asked/heard/told:

Guy driving a green and tubbed 2nd get F body at NB: "Why did you lower a 4wd truck?"
Me: "Its not lowered"
NB Guy: "Why dont you put a V8 in it"
Me: "Why would I want to go slower?"
NB Guy: "HAHAHAHAHA.. You think that V6 will make more power than a V8?"
Me: "Maybe"

To make a long story short the above guy ended up getting his tubbed big block camaro put on the trailer in elims by a lil V6 pick up. Sad part is I was only running high 8s at the time and his car sounded NASTY so Im sure he was wondering what happened. I'll never forget that one as long as I live.

More stuff Ive been asked/told/heard:

"Is that the truck with the GN engine?"
"Is that the truck with the Corvette engine?"
"My cousins brothers uncles next door neighbor had one of those with the twin turbo option"
"My cousins brothers uncles next door neighbor had one of those with the V8 option"
"Do a burnout!!!!"
"If its AWD where is the transfer case shift lever?"
"What size supercharger is that?"
"If you would put a supercharger on there you would go faster"
"Thats one of the older 'Extreme' S10's isnt it"

Ill quit for now as Im sure you guys get what Im saying

Last edited by myclone2; 05-29-2004 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:46 PM
That thing i do!

Wagz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fc735
prolly one with the powerstroke intercooler...

and seriously, if you thought it was a monte....you should be slapped.

ROFL

thanks 4 the help w/ the Hoe today - next time come say hi bish!
Old 05-30-2004, 02:31 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i did focker...i didnt see ya up front......

as for the sy....i appologize on the spelling...i know better, it was late, etc....

you know the guy with the white ty? my ty on the tag i think. i met him once....seemed pretty cool..

and if you are the one i think you are, ya got a black one, correct? you had it for long?

IMO, there were only two good things that came from GM in the 80's: GN and Sy/Ty.

period.

i know a lil about them i got my ass handed to me one night at Bristol, i staged next to a Sy that had 9.99 written on the windshield.....my own stupidity was wondering why he still had his 1/8 mile times written then i quickly realized i was wrong....

if you ever walk out of somewhere, and see a fat bald guy having sex with your truck.....pay no mind, lemme finish and then i will talk to ya!
Old 05-30-2004, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by fc735
as for the sy....i appologize on the spelling...i know better, it was late, etc....
Happens all the time. Its all good

you know the guy with the white ty? my ty on the tag i think. i met him once....seemed pretty cool..
There were a couple white tys in Roanoke and Ive met/know both owners. Did the ty youre talking about have gold pin stripes?

and if you are the one i think you are, ya got a black one, correct? you had it for long?
Yeah its black and Ive had it close to 5yrs. You could only get a Syclone in black BTW

IMO, there were only two good things that came from GM in the 80's: GN and Sy/Ty.
Ahhh, but did you forget the 89 TTA? A bit faster than the GN and handles WAY better (stock for stock). Theres one of those in Roanoke too so be careful of a particular white 3rd gen F body. Low 13/high 12 second car with very minor tweaking.

i know a lil about them i got my ass handed to me one night at Bristol, i staged next to a Sy that had 9.99 written on the windshield.....my own stupidity was wondering why he still had his 1/8 mile times written then i quickly realized i was wrong....
I believe I know who youre talking about. Did the truck have TN tags? If so that was prolly Doc Hoover and his son. Super nice ppl and that truck has been 9.89 at close to 140mph in the 1/4 so far. Theres a vid of that run somewhere that if I can find it Ill post up.

if you ever walk out of somewhere, and see a fat bald guy having sex with your truck.....pay no mind, lemme finish and then i will talk to ya!
Hmmm, you can have it if you want but be forwarned that Im one of those guys that takes his vehicles being mounted pretty serious. Besides, it will prolly cost ya because every time I touch the truck it costs me money for one reason or another .
Old 05-30-2004, 03:30 AM

Heres the vids of that fairly quick Syclone if youve got some time to kill.

http://www.dochoover.com/gallery/videos

Old 05-30-2004, 12:51 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

you COULD only get it in black...but there are several out there that have changed color......i saw a yellow one a few years ago, and a red one last year at bristol.

yeah, that one i ran had full cage, but didnt have tags on it, but i assume it is that truck.

as for the TTA's, they were a rarity, but damn fast, i just like the look of the GN better. it is a requirement of ownership to limo tint the bitch, and black everything out.

as for the Typhoon, it had MY TY on the tag, and i just spoke to the dude one time, he was in bburg. i dont remember if it had pinstripes or not

and since ya had that truck a while, i do believe you took a buddy of mine for a ride on a sidestreet a few years ago when he was with me down on williamson.....i dont remember when or what i was riding then, but that truck was impressive, from what i hear.

gee.....when ya gonna lift it?

most people have no idea what one is...usual quote is "why do you have a body kit on that thing?" i love seeing the face on someone when they get hammered on by one, but its better in a typhoon....oh well. back to dreamin of days of ownership of one....gotta pay on the house for a while
Old 05-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Cosmo likes to blow!

hitmanG35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: black Monte Carlo?

That is the most evil truck ever made!!!! I used to drool at the sight of them!!!!