Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

To the black WRX STI in the Ironto area..

Old 09-09-2006, 01:17 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default To the black WRX STI in the Ironto area..

I doubt the driver is on here, but I figured maybe it was a VT student or something that someone might know...

THANK YOU for flashing your lights! My buddy and I were stopped at that truck stop after riding for a few hours and just getting a cold drink and a break for a few minutes... Saw that sheriff checking out the bikes as he creeped through the parking lot, then he stopped behind our bikes while we were inside. I assume he took off to go back down that road and sit there to wait for us, assuming we'd go flying by. We weren't riding fast today--it was a relaxed ride.. but it's easy to take that corner beyond the posted speed limit, so THANK YOU if you're out there! If he really went back and sat there just in hopes of nailing us, that's pretty shitty. We weren't out causing any trouble or riding fast.

BTW, what's up with the majority of drivers these days? I remember when I was younger, I'd be riding with my parents in the car and people would always extend the courtesy of flashing their lights to warn of a speed trap ahead, and the oncoming driver would acknowledge in appreciation.. now when I flash my lights at people, it looks like they're pissed off at me wondering what the fuck I'm flashing my lights at them for. I hate that! Trying to help you, and you're pissed? I thought everyone knew what that meant..... but it seems like about 1 out of 10 drivers understand the concept.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:44 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation
Default Re: To the black WRX STI in the Ironto area..

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I doubt the driver is on here, but I figured maybe it was a VT student or something that someone might know...

THANK YOU for flashing your lights! My buddy and I were stopped at that truck stop after riding for a few hours and just getting a cold drink and a break for a few minutes... Saw that sheriff checking out the bikes as he creeped through the parking lot, then he stopped behind our bikes while we were inside. I assume he took off to go back down that road and sit there to wait for us, assuming we'd go flying by. We weren't riding fast today--it was a relaxed ride.. but it's easy to take that corner beyond the posted speed limit, so THANK YOU if you're out there! If he really went back and sat there just in hopes of nailing us, that's pretty shitty. We weren't out causing any trouble or riding fast.

BTW, what's up with the majority of drivers these days? I remember when I was younger, I'd be riding with my parents in the car and people would always extend the courtesy of flashing their lights to warn of a speed trap ahead, and the oncoming driver would acknowledge in appreciation.. now when I flash my lights at people, it looks like they're pissed off at me wondering what the fuck I'm flashing my lights at them for. I hate that! Trying to help you, and you're pissed? I thought everyone knew what that meant..... but it seems like about 1 out of 10 drivers understand the concept.

Yea i do flash my lights at people and you do have a point...everyone gets pissed now adays when you try to warn them.....
Old 09-09-2006, 01:50 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
Yea i do flash my lights at people and you do have a point...everyone gets pissed now adays when you try to warn them.....
Personally, I get a lot of satisfaction knowing that I saved someone from a possible ticket or harassment.

I'm not going to cry "ENTRAPMENT!!!!!" by any means, but I think it's sort of shitty to just sit somewhere and wait for someone to do something wrong.. What are you really accomplishing by sitting in a hiding place and ticketing everyone going 10mph over the speed limit? Yes, the speed limit is there for a reason, and if you break the law you have to face the consequences, but sitting there and waiting for people to fuck up?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

BTW, what's up with the majority of drivers these days?...... now when I flash my lights at people, it looks like they're pissed off at me wondering what the fuck I'm flashing my lights at them for....... I thought everyone knew what that meant..... but it seems like about 1 out of 10 drivers understand the concept.
I dunno what ever happened to that either. Even the truckers dont do it any more and they used to be a reliable source for the speed trap warnings.

In all honesty I think the 1 out of 10 drivers that knows what it means is the 1 out of 10 that isnt busy with the cell phone, watching a movie on the DVD player, reading, putting on make up or just in general oblivious to anyone/anything around them. That one driver would be the one Id feel safe on a bike around......the other nine are the ones that will run over you and swear they didnt see you (they probably didnt since they were in their very own ozone anyways ).
Old 09-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

There's an old guy with a black wrx around here.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:28 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by LLama
There's an old guy with a black wrx around here.
there used to be an old guy with a yellow WRX in town..

Old 09-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Built, HTA, V9

japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts

Personally, I get a lot of satisfaction knowing that I saved someone from a possible ticket or harassment.

I'm not going to cry "ENTRAPMENT!!!!!" by any means, but I think it's sort of shitty to just sit somewhere and wait for someone to do something wrong.. What are you really accomplishing by sitting in a hiding place and ticketing everyone going 10mph over the speed limit? Yes, the speed limit is there for a reason, and if you break the law you have to face the consequences, but sitting there and waiting for people to fuck up?

It is against the law for a cop to "hide" anywhere with a radar gun on. It is entrapment. They have to be clearly visible.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Banned

css1129 is an unknown quantity at this point

The odds of a cop actually finding crime when looking for its is almost 0%. Its not like he can drive around and use police senses to find rapes and murders. Writing tickets passes the time and keeps the community safer by not only catching speeders, but also by them knowing that they dont dick around in certain areas and people will stop speeding there. If we wanted to we could probably ticket almost every other car we see driving.

Originally Posted by japslapr
It is against the law for a cop to "hide" anywhere with a radar gun on. It is entrapment. They have to be clearly visible.

No they dont.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:03 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by japslapr
I'm 99.9% sure that's a myth.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:08 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by css1129
The odds of a cop actually finding crime when looking for its is almost 0%. Its not like he can drive around and use police senses to find rapes and murders. Writing tickets passes the time and keeps the community safer by not only catching speeders, but also by them knowing that they dont dick around in certain areas and people will stop speeding there. If we wanted to we could probably ticket almost every other car we see driving.

I realize that... and like I said, if you're breaking the law, you have to face the consequences. I do, however, think it's pretty unfortunate that the speeding regulations are as stiff as they are. I spent a weekend in jail for a mistake I made on my last motorcycle--speeding. While in court, two separate people walked away pretty much clean and clear from DUI's--and I'm the only one paying for my mistake. They'll just do it again. They don't take drinking and driving seriously enough!

I'm just saying in many cases I think there should be more of a cushion for speeding. You made the point for me when you said "If we wanted to we could probably ticket almost every other car we see driving." - EXACTLY. I'd like to go on a ride along sometime and watch a speed trap in action. I'd be willing to bet that maybe 1 out of 20 cars that go by are doing within 2-3 mph of the speed limit. Most probably typically travel around 9-10 mph of the speed limit, and I think the police usually go after the majority that do 10+ in excess to the limit.

Quick Reply: To the black WRX STI in the Ironto area..