Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

bogus exhaust tickets!

Old 04-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bogus exhaust tickets!

its just what the cops want to do...if they want to give ya a ticket at the time, they pull you...and...strait thru exhuast is better.....flows better....has nothing to do with backpressure..the exhuast pipe size controls backpressure....if it hardly ever made more power being syt8 thru..then why does every race car in the world that doesnt require a muffler...do that? but yeah...thats what ur saying prob. Got to have backpressure on N/a....but...str8 thru is ideal...size is what matters.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

oh lets please not turn this into a backpressure debate :roll:
Old 04-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Banned

lol...is no arguement..its facts...haha...tell nascar, and nhra str8 thru isnt good...haha, and everyother form of racing...but yeah no debate here. later
Old 04-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by CivicGsr94EG8
lol...is no arguement..its facts...haha...tell nascar, and nhra str8 thru isnt good...haha, and everyother form of racing...but yeah no debate here. later
Extreme high compression, overlapping cammed V-8s need little to no backpressure.

Your economy I-4 needs backpressure. And spooling a turbo has less to do with pressure and more to do with velocity.

So get your facts straight, too.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
That Guy

lanky189 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fitch9014
. the whole point of a safety inspection is to make sure the car is safe to drive on public roads, why would things that aren't safe be allowed there and not on the street?

A safety inspection is to ensure your vehicle is safe...which has little or nothing to do with whether or not your vehicle is emissions (depending where you live) or noise compliant.

as for the small turbo's not muffling....

who cares about small turbos? lol..

and i will concede one fault about the backpressure deal...if a properly sized and bent header is used...it will supply all the pressure needed to help the engine run properly...but just cutting your exhaust off and running open stock manifold is dumb
Old 04-13-2006, 04:57 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MerF
...has less to do with pressure and more to do with velocity.
alteast someone here knows what they are talking about..
Old 04-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Banned

open stock mani yeah...why would U do that do somthign stock??? to gain power?? thats a ricer theory
Old 04-13-2006, 04:31 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Soooo....if i got the factory camaro ss exhaust installed on the car iam wishing to purchase....which is a chevy product for the car...would that be illegel....
Old 04-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

fitch9014 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
Soooo....if i got the factory camaro ss exhaust installed on the car iam wishing to purchase....which is a chevy product for the car...would that be illegel....
no, that wouldn't be illegal, or in my case, improper...i think what it has to do with is the fact that my car is japanese and i am youngish(although, i feel less young everyday with a little more gray hair, oh well at least it's not falling out yet). i assume this is a camaro you wish to purchase, you would "probably" be okay with that, although with the police here...

oh and i care about small turbos, the one i have on my car is to big as it is...i need ball bearings !!!!
Old 04-14-2006, 06:23 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
Yes, actually it would be illegal. You would then not have the factory exhaust that came on your car. Would an officer be able to distinguish between the two, maybe not. So yes you could get a ticket for it although the chances are slimmer as opposed to putting on an aftermarket exhaust.

Quick Reply: bogus exhaust tickets!