Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Bristol and my fist 1/4 mile...

Old 07-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srt4hokie is on a distinguished road
Default Bristol and my fist 1/4 mile...

Well I went to Bristol…

Can’t say that I’m overly happy in fact I must say Bristol blows. My best time of the night was a 13.947 @96.76 mph with a 2.108 60’. It was hot and humid.

There were like 6 other SRT-4’s there. I was the fastest one. One guy there was from NC and he said at this home track he runs 13.7-13.8 consistently but was running 14.4’s consistently tonight. I did not loose a race even though I started missing shifts towards the end of the night. The only cars that were even close to me were other SRT4’s. I ran against a WRX it ran a solid 17.xx. LS1 cars were in the mid 14’s all night…

Even though the track was slow I think there is something wrong with my car. I cold not hit 98+ traps but should have been trapping 104+. Even if the track was running slow I should have been trapping that high correct? Other srt-4 guys that watched me said it looked like I was driving the crap out of the car and it did not look like driver error, which is what I had first thought was the problem.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:36 AM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bristol and my fist 1/4 mile...

yeah, bristol sucks bad. I think its elevation is pretty high. You wont trap as high at higher elavations. You also wont trap as high with crappy weather.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:55 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

you suck and its a neon......

/standard DragVA comment...

if i was the owner of a 17 second WRX, i would end it.

of course, the one run i made at bristol was a 13.2, and that was on 11psi (damn no tuning....)
Old 07-07-2004, 05:42 AM
Registered Member

JDM03 has disabled reputation

Okay so let me get this right "Bristol sucks" yet its what all other tracks are judged by?
Old 07-07-2004, 06:34 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

a start pad on a grade is what others judge by?

Old 07-07-2004, 06:47 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
Well I went to Bristol…

Can’t say that I’m overly happy in fact I must say Bristol blows. My best time of the night was a 13.947 @96.76 mph with a 2.108 60’. It was hot and humid.

There were like 6 other SRT-4’s there. I was the fastest one. One guy there was from NC and he said at this home track he runs 13.7-13.8 consistently but was running 14.4’s consistently tonight. I did not loose a race even though I started missing shifts towards the end of the night. The only cars that were even close to me were other SRT4’s. I ran against a WRX it ran a solid 17.xx. LS1 cars were in the mid 14’s all night…

Even though the track was slow I think there is something wrong with my car. I cold not hit 98+ traps but should have been trapping 104+. Even if the track was running slow I should have been trapping that high correct? Other srt-4 guys that watched me said it looked like I was driving the crap out of the car and it did not look like driver error, which is what I had first thought was the problem.

well if you beat most everyone, then I wouldnt worry, just take 3/4ths a second off your ET haha..

wrx in the 17's... I wonder if it was the same guy driving the black STI at NB running high 10's? ha..
Old 07-07-2004, 07:02 AM
The Pro to call.

that was probly chris....

its all in driver sometimes....
Old 07-07-2004, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Travis ran high 10's in his STi too (which is an actual STi, unlike Chris's car - he just tells everyone it is). But, he was launching at 2500 and shifting at 5500 too....
Old 07-07-2004, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

callmecobra96 will become famous soon enough

how did the oil work out for you?
Old 07-07-2004, 09:11 AM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fc735
a start pad on a grade is what others judge by?

haha, I had completly forgot about that. The track really does suck. I had to hold my ebrake when I staged to keep from rolling back.

Quick Reply: Bristol and my fist 1/4 mile...