Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Bristol and my fist 1/4 mile...

Old 07-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Hating...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JKim has disabled reputation
Default Re: Bristol and my fist 1/4 mile...

a 1/4 mile time and trap speed is a better indicator of power and hp than a dyno. imo.

there isnt a straight correlation as far as a mathmatical equation goes. but for a 2700-3000lb car it sounds around right. and its a estimated guess...thats all it was.

if you're questioning this correlation, than why don't you question the millions of generic guesses of hp you made when you said your wagon made 425 hp > wrx tranny? or the 230awhp guess you make when you're trying to sell your car at stage II level. or when the srt4 guy says he should be makeing 270ish fwhp??

the question is...why are you always trying to disagree with every damn post i make? jesus...
Old 07-08-2004, 05:52 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Talking Re: Bristol and my fist 1/4 mile...

the "millions of generic guesses" i had on my car was possibly true, since i never took it to a dyno (never was together long enough to go and do a final tune....but i am sure you knew that) i was merely going by what a friend of mine in IL dynoed with his car, which was the exact same setup (he sent me his UTEC map, which i based mine off of, adding timing and some more boost since i was running 101LL) and he put 310 to the wheels on 19 psi.

of course, going on the "assumption" of 1psi=approx 10hp more, and at one time (right before i blew the tranny out, but not on that run) i was at 21psi, 3psi=30hp, correct? making 325ish (counting in drivetrain loss for that 10hp/psi, its a conservitave guess....) 325whp, and that is without compensation for the timing additions, etc......

there has been so many assumptions for the drivetrain loss its not even funny, in fact, it has been the debate on CCVT for a few days now...

so the 425hp quote was an estimate...but i feel it was VERY close to true, but no one knows for sure....

i swear i had something inthis thread but i was wrong...

you mean to tell me that quarter time and trap speeds are better at determining the output of a car then a dyno? track conditions alone can cause severe changes in the trap mph of a car, not to mention that it can cause ET issues due to traction.....but you stated that origionally. i see your point on ETvs MPH for certain cars, but you could have two SRT's, and 03 and an 04, both with the same HP, and one would trap higher then the other.....because one has LSD and the other doesnt....

but that isnt two identical cars either. driver plays alot in the equation also.....

as for the "230awp guess" i am making for selling it.......i have a COBB stage II reflash being performed next week and with the other mods the car had done (walbro 255 pump, Perrin rails, HKS header, Invidia DP, Greddy Catback, etc....) it SHOULD (and again, once its installed, and finally working right, if time permits i will go to bristol and dyno before the new owner gets it, just to get a sheet from my actual car, since most of you nutswingers want that...)

i was 7hp off.....whoop de fucking doo.

should be like this:

and for richards WHP numbers, this is a straight stage two dyno, no exhaust (like he has, catless 3" Turbo back.....) i never disagreed with richard, only your hp guess. which was a good guess, i dont know if you knew of his other mods lately, but i assume you did.

always remember the racer credo: know thyne enemy!

as to me disagreeing with your posts....i have my reasons.....

Last edited by HatefulMechanic; 07-08-2004 at 06:09 PM. Reason: link was bad...damn
Old 07-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

My friends wrx made 500awhp with these mods. I have those same mods...plus a vtec sticker so i should be making 510awhp. cmon...

"so the 425 hp quote was an estimate"

damn...thats ironic. I was making an estimate too. whatya know....

anyways...back to the topic at hand.

srt4hokie: gluck, and i hope you get your problem fixed.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:38 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

stickers, unless you are a ricer and believe that shit, dont add horsepower, no matter what you have been told....

ignition timing, however, does. as does increased boost....but you know that.

assume does nothing more then make an ass of u and me......

and you forgot to add "but i feel it was VERY close to true, but no one knows for sure...." after the quote i made....selective quotes really confuse people sometimes.

and yes richard, i thought you had said something about checking that before you left last sat, but there was so much shit goin on there that i didnt know if you did check for leaks or not. oh well....give some numbers up from tonight!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

...who cares.

really.

(not directed towards any particular person)
Old 07-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

NOTE: sorry for the spelling I don't have MS word spell check on this computer...

ARRRRR time for me to hijack my own thread back on topic...

Hey atleast I'm feeling the love from every one.

Friday I am going to do the boost leek check. I wanted to do it while at your shop joey but the bushings were more important and my 10 gallon air tank does not hold enough air to do it has I found out with my mom setting in my car watching the boost gauge

So I'm going to hook my brothers compresser up and letter her rip and see what's up, my guess is that the hose connected to the turbo outlet is leeking and maybe even others but most likely that one. Which will be a compleat pita to get off and get a t-bolt clamp on but we will see what happens.

I know on my drive here I got on it a couple times to show off for some random people on 81, got a couple thumbs up for it. It was pulling good and hard so we will see.

Part of the problem may have also been the fact that I had the manual boost controler hooked up and was having a major drop in boost at 5000rpms wich made it drop down to 11 psi to redline. When I dicounected it and hooked the stock line back up and reset the computer I only got 3 runs in which is not enough for the computer to rebuild the timming maps so tomorrow I'm reseting the computer with the stock line hooked up then taking it out and building some good timming maps

I will post saturday night if I'm still alive with updates on how the car ran...

Last edited by srt4hokie; 07-08-2004 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:57 PM
The Pro to call.

just unhook the line going to the wastegate....then you will have some good boost!!

gluck!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Cosmo likes to blow!

hitmanG35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well at least you dont have wastegate flutter!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hitmanWRX
Well at least you dont have wastegate flutter!

LMAO

Get a stronger wastegate spring...
Old 07-08-2004, 11:39 PM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just like to take the time out of this thread to congratulate Richard on startinga thread on dragva that wasn't locked, moved or closed in less than 30 seconds!!!!

Yayyyeee!

Quick Reply: Bristol and my fist 1/4 mile...